Yi Home Camera no motion detection

It’s back to being a good page with latest updates for some camera’s.

Before this it was much like the broken page as of this post time, under https://www.yitechnology.com/firmware with old and missing firmware.

Thanks for sharing @anyone The team has been working to keep this up to date.

How to downgrade this firmware, after update to 11.0.36 there is no more detection alerts Alarm.

What the hell you done ?
I do not need your Kami subscription!

Where to download previous 9.0.36.03_202109231441 I think it was also this version on my camera.

How to make downgrade ?

I already gave up after more than a month of waiting for a response from the technical team, my 4 cameras are not good for what they were bought for
I decided to leave them as a paperweight and buy others from another brand that do have support and their movement detection artificial intelligence works.
I say goodbye to Yi cameras after 7 years of always relying on them despite not having good support outside of China.

2 Likes

They answer me now, and send photos how to select Smart AI Detection, with photos from older firmware which is a joke,
With latest 11.0.36 they change everything there, and Smart AI Detection is only for Kami subscribers! which is nonsense.
I can only select Motion Detection but there is no more red alarm with that option.
So Home / Away home is useless not work anymore.

I definetly want to downgrade this new firmware to previous one which worked fine.

Why they make AI Detection for Human, Car, Animal option only for Kami subscribers !
WHY ?
I do not need Kami cloud, and want that options too.
They should improve devices, and not limit this to subscribers.
Also they do not inform this in Firmware update log message informations.
@Atocha - which brand you choose ? I also change if they do not help me to downgrade.

2 Likes

DAHUA imou camera
Bullet 2C 4mp works much better than the xiaomi could
A little more expensive but worth it for the excellent customer service
And the servers to view the camera away from home work perfectly
I bought 4 to take care of my babies and I have no complaints about the cameras

1 Like

red Alarm in YI Home app do not work after latest firmware 11.0.36.xxx when is selected Motion Detection - fix this!
Also
What is now difference in detection when Person detection is not available anymore, only Motion Detection for non Kami subscribers ?

1 Like

Hello @PeterMac We are working on deploying the AI models onto the Cloud as well as those cameras that can do the detections on the device. You can try going to https://kamihome.com/firmware/

this may be able to help you get back on track.

@Steven_Kami - but there is only one firmware for Yi Home 1080 AI+ which is 9.0.19.12_202102241808
As I remember I had different previous firmware which was 9.0.36.xx
My camera DID is: IFUSY65xxxxxxx
Can you help me and send me this firmware and give instructions how to downgrade. Thank you.

Also, when you now improve AI detection for person, car, animal, why this is not for everyone also for people without your Kami subscription ?
Now you even remove person detection for everyone!

Hey @PeterMac lets try to keep it on one thread. Please keep your future response on this thread so we can better track correspondences and information exchanged.

With regards to AI Detection, its part of the subscription because cost associated with maintaining these types of improvements. We have very affordable cloud plans that come with great benefits outside of using the app. We do our best to give the best experience possible for all.

AI Detection - Person detection was available for everyone in previous firmware, now with latest firmware AI Detection “Person Detection” with additional Car, Animal detection is only available for Kami subscribers.
You should leave Person detectiom as it was before to everyone (car, animal for Kami cloud) this is fairly.

I’m try to downgrade to previous firmware with no luck, I done step by step by your tutorial from here

Put firmware file “home_y21gamon” to SD Card and nothing happen.

I wrote to mail support, still with no respond

1 Like

Hello ,
Same problem !!! have a n.3 Cameras with Firmware v11.0.36.7_202202170022, it does not record the activities detected on the micro sd.
only record in the option continuous videos 24/7

PLEASE FIX PROBLEMS !!! Thanks in advanced !!

1 Like

Hello ,
Same problem with me since Firmware v11.0.36.7_202202170022, it does not record the activities detected on the micro sd.
only record in the option continuous videos 24/7

PLEASE FIX PROBLEMS ASAP. or explains us how to downgrade this bad FW

1 Like

Hey @jojo thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are continually working to update/improve the firmware. A new release will be out very soon to address your issues.

Hello, it’s still broken, do you have good some news for us please @Steven_Kami ?

1 Like

Hi @steven_kami

I am new to this forum and just purchased 1080p yi home camera.
I am experiencing the same issues with several others here where my device are NOT able to record during the activity only setting .

Also suddenly, I the Continuous Recording (CVR) are recording only around 45 minutes until it stopped recording.

Any information on the new firmware update release date?

1 Like

Hey @Konobm thanks for bringing thing this to our attention. I am really sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your devices.

Where did you purchase the 1080p’s from? How long ago?
What app version do you have? Did the CVR stop working after an update?
What the firmware versions that are not working? Are any device working properly? What firmware do they have?

Looking forward to your response.

Hello,

same issue here with the latest 4 camera I got.
anyhow. I got the 9xx firware from online, but ain’t flashing from SD card. the camera will boot as if nothing happened.
tried different name for the file but nothing worked.

so to flash the 9xx firrmware fro the 1080p AI+, what should be the file name on the SD card?

Okay, got the older firmware, but how to flash it? what should be the filename on the SD card. it is not reading it. the camera is booting normally and stays on the latest firmware.

this is still the same problem with 1080p AI+ latest firmware. not motion detection/recording.

can anyone from support here just tell us how to flash the old firmware from SD card? what should be the name of that firmware file?? cause it is flashing it as is from the download.

Categories