Yi Home Camera no motion detection

I’m having the same problems as everyone else, ever since upgrading to Kami Home version 11.0.36.7.202202170022 for iOS. I can record to SD in continuous mode, but motion detection recording doesn’t work. I never would have bought this camera if I had to pay for a subscription to record, and I have no intention of paying for a subscription now.
I went to https://kamihome.com/firmware/ and downloaded an older version, but all it did was go to my “Files” folder, and I don’t see any way to install it on my iPhone. I tried Google to see if there was a way to do this, but found nothing. I’m pretty sure the only way to install an app on an iPhone is through iPhone’s App Store, but the only version available there is the borked v11.
Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

There isn’t an older version on that link so I’m guessing you downloaded a version that was for a camera with different hardware so just as well it didn’t flash. 11.0.36.7.202202170022 is for y211ga cameras and technically isn’t actually an update but a recovery file.

It seems Yi current policy is to not offer downgrades but instead offer a newer update to resolve problems. If or when that will happen I don’t know as I don’t work for them.

Thank you for your reply, @anyone. I guess I’ll just need to keep it recording continually until they fix it in a later version… if they ever fix it. My 64gb micro SDs should be able to hold 11 days at a time, which should be plenty for now.
Going forward, I’ll need to remember to search for complaints about any subsequent version before I install it, in case it’s worse. I was just so happy to see that this version has timestamps in the video, I didn’t do my due diligence before installing the “upgrade”.
Thanks again!

Hi @do.not.want.cloud and @anyone actually I have managed to solve the issue…
So after lengthy email chats with the support team turns out that we need to use KAMI app instead of YI HOME app.

And inside the KAMI APP, although the recording has choice of “record activity only”, it won’t work until you enable the smart detection ON (you can use the motion detection only, no need to use the smart detection service) . Although I can’t seem to disable the push notification, at least now my device can start recording the activity only and I just turn all notification off through Android system.

1 Like

Categories