YI Help Center: Micro SD Cards vs Cloud Subscription

Looked around after your post found old iPad not updated. Great this will do until issues are resolved :+1:t3:

I don’t know how but it self-updated. Anyone of you are intouch with YI support by @ instead of me?

Please update to the most recent version of the app. All bugs and missing features have been resolved.

That’s right!
I am very happy that they fixed it.
Everything is as good as before.

1 Like

You’re awesome @notworking! Appreciate the kind words :slight_smile:

Hi, i have been using the Yi dome camera since 2019 - noticed since last 6 months that the camera has stopped overwriting the previous recording after SD card gets full and i have to reset my SD card every few days to ensure recording backup is coming into the SD card!

The card has been formatted many times thru app and still the problem persists! Can you help me troubleshoot this issue please as i cannot keep going in every 5-6 days to reset SD card - it shud overwrite!

Can you try an alternative SD card please?

Interesting @LordJoe Update your app and try a different SD card. Let us know how it goes.

Very frustrated. All of a sudden all of my Yi outdoor cams are only allowing me to see two days of footage and I can go back no further. I have four different cameras with 32Gb cards in them. All are in good condition. I used to be able to go back months. This doesn’t work in the Yi app, the kami app, the Mac desktop app, or the Windows desktop app.

This is beyond frustrating and disappointing.

Hey @mlydy1 Thanks for coming to the community for more information. I am sorry to hear you having issues with your SD card storage. That sounds incredibly frustrating.

Have you reformatted your SD cards recently? What about updating your firmware?

Do you have any other SD cards you can test?

When did you create your account with us?

Hi Steven, I have not formatted the cards. The firmware in all the cameras are up to date. I will see if I can swap out one card. The problem with that is the cameras are not in super easy places to get to. Each camera has high quality cards from different manufacturers, so the likelihood of four SD cards going bad in four different cameras at the same time is extremely remote. As for creating the account… I don’t remember the exact date but it was sometime around 2015-2016. I have been a long time user, and installed the cameras for other people in my area.

Hey @mlydy1 Before you do that, let me get a little more information from our team here. Im gonna send you a direct message to grab a little more info.

Hi Steven

May I ask how come my Clould stop recording all the activities which previously I’m able to reterived it? Can u pls kindly advise?

Hey @Bizkid76 Welcome to the forum! I’d be happy to help.

First, I’d like to ask what app are you using?

Hi Steven, I’m using the YI Life. Anyway I had solved the issue by uninstalled and reinstalled back. Thank you

1 Like

Great forum. I think I am gonna do cards and the cloud plan both.

1 Like

I have the same problem with SD card oddly missing days recordings
Formatted cards ok for a day or two then start missing again only on two out of six
shireking

Hey @shireking I think we’ve finally been able to reproduce this issue during testing and are currently working to resolve it. I will be in touch.

See if you can fix the time stamp as well sorry for being a pest
shireking

Hey @shireking not a pest, just want you to be back to normal!

Now that we have reproduced the issue, we have found a fix. It is currently undergoing thorough testing before we release it this week. I will keep all posted.

Categories