Pairing times out for camera that worked earlier

Hey @MoshePupkin Thank you for your patience. I am sorry to hear you’re having troubles pairing cameras.

Have you contacted our support team yet? If so, please send me your ticket number and I will follow up with more information.

If you have not, please visit www.kamihome.com/contact

We will get this straightened out.

Tried another reset, same results - the camera says “Wi-Fi is connected”, but then pairing times out.

Tried to open a ticket, but didn’t find such option on the Kami web site

ticket number: 534500

Thanks for sharing. Let me take a look and will get back to you with more information.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Exactly the same issue with mine… “pairing has timed out. Please reset the camera”… has already reset the camera and the router several times…

Hey @andi thank you for coming to the community forum for more information.

Can you please provide your camera model?

Are you connected to 2.4ghz o 5ghz on your wifi router? What about your phone settings?

How far away from the router is the camera?

What is the power source to the camera?

Just a few questions to help point us in the right direction. many thanks for your patience and assistance.

• Camera model: YI 1080p Home Camera
  • Wifi router : 2.4Ghz
  • Phone setting : connected to the same 2.4Ghz network
  • Camera distance from router : less than 50cm
  • Power source : DC 5V/1A

Hey @andi I think the best next step is to open up a ticket with our customer support team. If the camera is deemed defective, they will work with you to get a replacement out.

Please contact our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact.

Once you have a ticket number, please let me know, and I will do whatever I can to ensure a speedy resolution.

Many thanks for your patience. Hope you’re having a lovely day!

Not sure if this is helpful. I was having the same issue.
I fixed it by doing the following.
My wireless router was actively blocking the cameras IP address.
I found this by watching which IP address was being assigned to the camera after it connected to the wifi. then went into my security settings for the router and saw it had a red X on it. I then added the IP address to the “Good” list and went through the setup again. worked right away.
If you are getting it to connect to the wifi then its highly likely that the router is blocking the IP address for the camera.
hope this helps

1 Like

Excellent suggestion @zappyelectric! Thank you so much for sharing. This will DEFINITELY help some other forum members who may run into this similar issue.

@Steven_Kami, I have the exact same issue. Tried everything said above, none worked. Any news from Kami’s side? It’s utterly frustrating to lose so much time with something like this - I’ve tried resetting the camera and doing different stuff probably for more than 50 times today. Already tried creating a ticket in te contact page, but it seems like that’s something Kami doesn’t want us to do - there’s no usable option for that.

Hello - is there any chance you could try the camera on a different network? I realise this may not be too easy but it removes another variable in this. It could be the camera is hardware deficient.

Hi, @YorshireUser! Thank you for your answer. Yes, I tried that with my cellphone’s hotspot and didn’t have any luck either.

Is there another landline network you could try? It should though work via a mobile network tether. If you have tried all the troubleshooting it seems that this camera could be defective.

Where did you purchase this camera (the retailer) and which region? Can you remember how long ago since you bought the camera as well and have any order/sales references.

No, I don’t have any other landline network I could try it on. I bought it from Amazon Spain in November 2019 from this seller: https://www.amazon.es/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A1RKKUPIHCS9HS&protocol=current&seller=A3LDXR48R7LTSM
The camera has been sitting, wired off, for a long time - untouched. Will someone please provide a firmware file so I can try that? The other cameras I have working have the version 4.6.0.0A_201908271549 installed - I’d really appreciate if someone could provide that version’s installation file (already tried the latest one from the support page, got no luck).

I believe the latest one is that which is listed on the support page https://www2.yitechnology.com/firmware/index

Different cameras, although the same model, could have different firmware if for example there is a difference in how old they are.

Hey @Hauh Can you review this thread below and give the suggested solution a try? Let us know how it goes and any other solutions you’ve tried.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hello. I have exactly the same problem:

• Reset Camera -> Successful
  • Waiting to connect -> Successful
  • QR Scan -> Successful
  • WiFi is connected -> Successful
  • Pairing has timed out. Please reset the camera.

The camera itself is working, but I can not add it to Yi Home or Kami Home
I am using 2.4 GHz, the router is near the camera, camera and phone are in the same wifi network.
The camera worked a week ago, and now it can’t connect to the Camera itself is working, but I can not add it to Yi Home or Kami Home.

My request ticket is 555933.

Hey @akerlem Thanks for coming to the community. And, thank you for all the feedback. You’ve come to right place!

Give this link here :point_right: Pairing Time Out Resolution

We have had a number of people who’ve had the same challenge and get it resolved with the suggestions made in the forum thread.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I can also share this feedback with our support team to best guide them if the suggested troubleshooting method does not work.

Thanks, @Steven_Kami. I’ve already seen this and it is not working for me. I’ve tried it with different routers and it still can’t connect to the app. I’ve also written in support but still don’t receive any feedback.

Categories