Pairing times out for camera that worked earlier

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.

1.Power source - the one from the box - 5V/1A
2.It is a 2.4ghz
3.iOS 14.4.2
4.I placed it right on the top of the router.
5.As mentioned above, only the plastic cover of the wifi router(if we count this as a wall)

hmmm @couldhavebeenbetter thanks for providing the helpful feedback.

Your running the new iOS version. Is your wifi on the phone also connected to 2.4ghz or is it connected to 5g?

We may need to escalate this to our support team. If the cameras are deemed defective, we will replace the unit.<br
Let me know on phone wifi and we will go from there :slight_smile:

Hi,

Of course it is connected to the same WiFi router as the camera.

Hi. Which radio band is your phone on? You need to be on 2.4ghz when setting up the camera. If you can try turning off the 5ghz through your router settings.

1 Like

Is your phone using 2.ghz or trying to use 5g. Newer phone models will try to connect to 5g.

As i said above. My phone is connected to the same wifi network as the camera. There isn’t even 5g in my country :slight_smile:
I already tried turning off my cellular and then try to pair the camera and the result was the same.

Just to remind, my camera succesfully connects to the wifi and then i hear “Pairing has timed out. Please reset the camera”

We do not mean 5g mobile network but the 5ghz radio network which wifi routers transmit.

1 Like

Hey @couldhavebeenbetter thanks for your patience while we try to solve your pairing time out. Can you send any screenshots of what you’re seeing on screen when your camera has time out?

Are there any error messages on screen?

This may be a big ask, but is there another wifi network you can try the pairing the camera to?

If needed, nothing else works, we can escalate this with our team and get you a replacement. Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thank you also for your patience and support. As a fellow IT guy i already tried everything. Different network, different iOS device, unfortunately with no luck. 5Ghz set ups are not so common here so I am sure i have tried only on 2.4ghz networks.

I will attach screenshots later today, although there are no errors coming out.

Hey @couldhavebeenbetter thanks for your understanding. Send me screenshots just in case. But it sounds like we need to escalate this with our support team to move on to the next steps to get you taken care of.

Same issue here. Two cameras that worked before stopped working. After reset, they now fail to pair (even though the connection to network is successful).

Did you remove the cameras from the app before you reset them?

Yep, I did remove it

Guys, isn’t it obvious that the problem is somewhere in your infrastructure? Please escalate this already.

It may take multiple resets.

I tried three times already.

Ok. So what happened when they stopped working. Any known changes in your environment? I’ve just reset two of my Yi branded cameras (different models) and they have paired back up ok so it would be good to understand what happened immediately before your cameras stopped working.

Nothing, really. I haven’t changed anything in my network, haven’t touched their power supplies. They just stopped working and reset doesn’t help. Judging by the number of similar reports in this thread, this is a system wide issue.

Yes some people are having or had issues but there are so many variables and the number having issues is a small percentage of the cameras sold. Hence why when people come here for help we do our best to help. From my experience I have not suffered from anything people say and I have changed my wifi. I’ve added them, reset them added them again. But there are a small number of customers that have issues.

I would be tempted to reset one of the cameras again. Check you are on 2.4ghz wifi network. Check that location settings are enabled and allowed for the application. Try to set up next to the router.

1 Like

Categories