IR not working on Dome

Looping in @Steven_Kami - when the IR lights illuminate are they dim? If so can you confirm that the cable and power supply in use are what we’re provided with your camera? It could be if they are dim there is not enough power getting through to the camera.

The other thing to check is a different AC socket if you can.

Hey @J.dolan2 Suggestions. The lease could be dirty. Give it a wipe clean. Check the resolution. HD or 1080.

Also, for clarity. The IR does not work in pitch black. It needs a certain level of light.

And, has this feature ever worked for you?

Hi All, thanks again for all the respones. There is one piece of important information I forgot to add earlier. An error message appears on screen after a few seconds. It says “An object or a light source is directly in front of the camera. For optimal experience, please reposition the camera or turn off the light source”.

An update on what I’ve tried:

• Checked the cable and plug: the cable was from Yi, but the plug was from a phone charger. I tracked down the original plug from Yi. This didn’t resolve the issue. Also tried other sockets to no avail.

• I cleaned the lease and surrounding around with a soft cloth. No good.

• I tried repositioning in different parts of the room. Also tried varying degrees of light (eg with the door slighly open, letting in some light, then door closed and all lights off). No changes. And the other monitor worked in all conditions (and the Dome working only when the baby monitor IR light was switched on). Will try to add some images to show examples of the issue.

Capture_black

It would suggest that the camera is hardware faulty then with the tests you have tried. How long have you had the device?

Hey @J.dolan2 Thank you so much for the detailed information. And for providing the screenshots. This is going to need to be escalated with our technical team. Let me send you a direct message to get the ball rolling.

Thanks to you both. I’ve had the device for 2 years, but only recently set up and started using. Will link in with the technical team, thanks

1 Like

Any update for this issue?
Bought 3 DOME cameras, 2 of them have this problem and have no idea how to fix it.

Hello. On one of the devices. Remove it from your account in the app. Reset it through the physical button. Repair it and test.

With the other in the app flip off then on IR when it’s dark and test.

If that fails it could either be the amount of power supplied to the camera - are you using the adapter and cable that came with the cameras and not via a USB extension?

If all else fails they may just be faulty - but two out of three seems strange. But if they are instigate a return with your retailer

1 Like

Super helpful troubleshooting suggestions from @YorkshireUser. Many thanks :slight_smile:

Give the suggested steps a try and keep us posted on your test results.

1 Like

Hello @Steven_Kami
I’m facing exactly the same issue on a yi outdoor camera since a week.

The IR lights are not working anymore (before I could see the red lights on over night as on my other outdoor camera where IR work).

I tried changing power plug, deleting camera and resetting, put it at same place as another working outdoor camera, turning off and on the IR from the app but problem remains: IR are not turning on.

Can you tell me what else I should do?

Thanks

Hey @NetMs ugh that sounds frustrating. I am sorry to hear you’re having issues with IR. Can you tell me the app version you are using? Have you updated your firmware recently?

Hi @Steven_Kami
Mobile App version is 5.0.1
Yi home outdoor firmware is up to date and not recently updated 3.0.0.0D_2018_0911054

Hey @NetMs Can you manually update to version 5.0.3? And, test IR? Many of the bugs from 5.0 and 5.0.1 are addressed in the newest release.

1 Like

Hi Steven I can’t manually upgrade to 5.0.3 as the version is not available on the store. Also I don’t think it will solve this issue as I have 2 other yi outdoor that don’t have this issue so seems more specific to this camera (hardware or other).

Hi, same problem here with my camera. One out of two is completely black

Hey guys - give these steps a try

•Check the firmware update

1. Go to the hexagon symbol

2. Go to device settings

3. Go to Firmware version

4. Tap on the update button (also take a screenshot of this page and send it to us)

•Turn off and on night vision

1. Launch the YI/Kami Home App.

2. From the Welcome page, tap the thumbnail of the camera you want to change the settings of.

3. Tap on Settings.

4. Go to Camera Settings.

5. Toggle off or on the Night Vision IR Light feature

1 Like

• If the issue persists, proceed with reset and repair

1. Delete the camera to the App. (Open the App > select the specific camera > Tap on Delete) <----if the camera was added before.
  2. Reset the camera.

If your camera is the 1st generation, Use a thin needle or pin to reset the camera.
The reset button is located on the upper left side of the QR code on the backside of the camera.
Please hold down on the reset button until the yellow light turns on. The reset is successful when
the yellow light is on or you hear the voice “Reset is successful”. If your camera is the 2nd generation,
You need to remove the back cover of your camera and then you will see the white round reset button.
Use a pin to push it until the yellow light is on and you hear “Reset is successful”.

1. Open the YI Home App to add your camera by selecting the ‘+’ icon.
  2. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you aren’t sure, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
  3. Then select, I hear “Waiting to connect” at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, I did not hear it.
  4. Under Connect to Wi-Fi enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Select Connect to Wi-Fi.
  5. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
  6. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status that can take 1-2 minutes until the camera is successfully paired with the App.
1 Like

I have 3 yi home cameras, recently my night vision has went bonkers on one of the cameras. It clicks and changes without any changes to the lighting.
This is when night vision is working.

This is when it goes bonkers.image

So, I have to turn night vision off. image

(It would only let me add one photo per post)

I have done all the tips and suggestions in this thread.

Categories