IR not working on Dome

Hey guys - give these steps a try

•Check the firmware update

1. Go to the hexagon symbol

2. Go to device settings

3. Go to Firmware version

4. Tap on the update button (also take a screenshot of this page and send it to us)

•Turn off and on night vision

1. Launch the YI/Kami Home App.

2. From the Welcome page, tap the thumbnail of the camera you want to change the settings of.

3. Tap on Settings.

4. Go to Camera Settings.

5. Toggle off or on the Night Vision IR Light feature

1 Like

• If the issue persists, proceed with reset and repair

1. Delete the camera to the App. (Open the App > select the specific camera > Tap on Delete) <----if the camera was added before.
  2. Reset the camera.

If your camera is the 1st generation, Use a thin needle or pin to reset the camera.
The reset button is located on the upper left side of the QR code on the backside of the camera.
Please hold down on the reset button until the yellow light turns on. The reset is successful when
the yellow light is on or you hear the voice “Reset is successful”. If your camera is the 2nd generation,
You need to remove the back cover of your camera and then you will see the white round reset button.
Use a pin to push it until the yellow light is on and you hear “Reset is successful”.

1. Open the YI Home App to add your camera by selecting the ‘+’ icon.
  2. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you aren’t sure, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
  3. Then select, I hear “Waiting to connect” at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, I did not hear it.
  4. Under Connect to Wi-Fi enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Select Connect to Wi-Fi.
  5. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
  6. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status that can take 1-2 minutes until the camera is successfully paired with the App.
1 Like

I have 3 yi home cameras, recently my night vision has went bonkers on one of the cameras. It clicks and changes without any changes to the lighting.
This is when night vision is working.

This is when it goes bonkers.image

So, I have to turn night vision off. image

(It would only let me add one photo per post)

I have done all the tips and suggestions in this thread.

Hello. When you say night vision is that with the IR leds on?

Hey @Joanie Thanks for coming to the forum for more information. I am sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your IR setting on your Dome cam.

Did this happen on all 3 cameras or just the one facing outside the window?
Can you move the camera to test other lighting conditions to see if the problem still happens?
Can you give a little more information as to when it starts to try to adjust? Is it a specific time of day when the light changes outside? Does it happen all day?
Any extra information you can provide will be super helpful to point us in the right direction.

I have 2 cameras facing out windows. It only happens with this particular camera. Both cameras are in windows that are facing the same direction. And, its not every night.(daytime is fine) Also, I should have clarified that these are not the dome cameras.(yi home 1080)

It’s really bizarre.

That is very strange… How old is the camera having issues? What version of firmware is on this camera? Is there an firmware update available in the app or is it up to date?

One was purchased March 2017, another March 2018, and 2019… I can’t tell you which one this is. I was using yihome app and it was suggested I switch to Kami app due to issues with not being able to view recorded video on SD card (which is still happening at random times)

Kami app version 3.3.1
As I am typing this response I hear the clicking and this is what I see now. image

What about firmware on these cameras? Are the all up to date?

Can you go into each camera settings, then select “Camera Name”, and send me the ID’s for all three cameras. We can do some digging based on the camera’s ID.

Yes, all up to date.

Camera 1 (with Night vision issue) 22USTJRURPSDOU170109

Camera 2 (in second window)
27USYF81UII0CP170904

Camera 3 (inside and off at the moment)
6FUSY21IV7GLKC190214

Thanks for sharing this info @joanie - let me do some digging and get back to you with more information. i’ll be in touch later today :slight_smile:

Hi @Steven_Kami, thank you for being such a great resource on here. I am having the same issue with two of my 1080 cameras, as the gentleman who started the thread is having.

I have worked my way down the thread, trying each and every suggestion a couple of times, and I still can’t get the camera to show any detail in the room even with an additional night light, all I have is total blackness.

What else can I do to get this remedied. We’d never had a problem until last month, and then it just stopped working at night.

Thank you so much for your help with this!

@Steven_Kami is there a way to upload a video? It will show exactly what happens.

Hey @Joanie you can email me the video to steven@kamivision.com OR you can upload the video to YouTube for free and send the link to the video on the forum.

Hey @aprov Thanks for the kind words and patience. I am sorry to hear your IR stoped working about a month ago… That’s very strange.

Just a few questions to point us the in the direction.

How long ago did you purchase the camera?
What firmware is the camera currently running?
Are you using an SD card?
Seems silly, but what are your camera settings for IR? Is OFF/ON? Try turning it OFF for a few days then, retest.
Any other changes that come to mind about a month ago that could be related to this?

We will get to the bottom of this so you can get back on track.

@Steven_Kami Video has been sent via email.

@J.dolan2 sorry for hijacking your thread… :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help, Steven.

IMy wife purchased one camera less than a year ago. The other camera we had for about a year as well before it stopped working too.

The firmware version is 1.9.1.0201809191135, which appears to be the latest version.

I am not using an SD card.

The Night Vision IR Light is ON, but I will toggle it off for a ocuple of days and then try it again. I will try this will both cameras that aren’t working.

I can’t think of any issues that would have caused this. No power outages, nor power surges, product hasn’t been dropped etc, either

Thank you for your direction, Steven. I’ll will the IR trick and report back in a couple of days.

Just responded! Thanks for sending that video over. I hope my suggestions help.

1 Like

Categories