Night Vision IR Leds not working

Hi,
I noticed a recent issue with my Yi Home camera. It seems the IR led illuminators are not working as of late. The camera is placed in my garage and until last week when all the lights are turned off I could see everything in my garage, but now I can’t.

I first thought that the camera wasn’t switching to night mode, but then I verified the mechanical clicks when it goes from bright to dark and vice versa. Also noticed the change from color to mono image. Then I realized the leds are not working. As it is a mono image with an almost black image.

I have reset, deleted, re-added the camera a few times but no luck. The issue still remains. I tried to also disable/enable night IR in the camera settings but no change.

Please advise.

Hi. This can sometimes be due to no enough power getting through to the camera. Could you try a different mains socket and if you can cable and adapter. I’m assuming you haven’t changed anything from what you have said.

You could try to flip them on and off in the app to see if that will force them to work and a reset of the camera.

However it is likely to be an hardware issue. Which may need you to contact KamiHome Customer Services

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @aaborkar,br>
Can you send use some screenshots of your IR view and of the specific problems you report? That will be really helpful for our team.

Many thanks

Same problem on my 2 cameras.

Can you confirm how you are powering the cameras please. Are you using the original adapters and cables?

@meilijiayuan please refer to forum thread IR not working on Dome

1 Like

Categories