Yi home camera can't reconnect after a power shut down - clicking noise and yellow light blinking

Good morning,

Yesterday after a power shut down my 2 yi home 1080p cameras can’t reconnect to the wifi. (BFUSY44HLC, BFUSY55XX1)
I tried to reset it, an reconnecting to the yi app, restart the router and i even tried to update manually the firmware.
But this keep happenning:

1. Step 1: Yellow light, saying waiting to connect (ok)
  2. Step 2: Entered correct wifi, an Password (ok)
  3. Step 3: Scan Qr (Succesfull)
  4. Step 4:Light go blue blinking saying connecting to wifi
  5. Step 5: light stay Yellow still for a few seconds
  6. Step 6: i heard a click and the cam reboot itself starting bank from the step 1

What can i do to fix this issues ?

1 Like

Hey @Theuderas Thanks for coming to the forum. I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your cameras ability to connect or even reboot. And, it sounds like you’ve tried a lot of different troubleshooting methods.

What version of firmware does your camera have?
When did you purchase the cameras?
Are you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz? What about on your phone?

Thanks for your patience while we figure out the best solution.

Solved?
I have the same problem

Hey @tomaso.dincalevis Welcome to the forum!

Just a couple of questions to help point our team in the right direction…

What version of firmware does your camera have?
When did you purchase the cameras?
Are you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz? What about on your phone?

Thanks for your patience while we figure out the best solution.

I don’t know the version if firmware of the cam. It Is not connected ti the app, where can i find It?
The cam Is of about 20 dicember 21
I tried 3 wifi at 2.4 GHz
The app version Is the last One
Thanks

The version you are running is 5.2.4. You should have an update available. The most recent version is 5.3.3.

Can you update your app? Then, Make sure the camera is removed from your account, reset and repair.

Keep us posted on your progress.

@Steven_Kami the app is at the last update available for me in google store.
The camera is removed

@steven_kami is the mail support@yitechnology.com correct?
I wrote on january the 9th without any answer.
Thank you

Hey @tomaso.dincalevis We did just do a new release last night. Can you check the google play store again?

That is correct for support email. We recently ran into an issue with our Helpdesk filtering messages from customers into SPAM folder that we had to combat.

I see our team responded to you yesterday. I will follow the ticket and push forward until we have a resolution.

Many thanks for your patience.

The main problem after company change You started to use location based connection rules! And app is checking the location is correct or not! If not correct not let the people pair the camera! This is the biggest problem now. I bought this camera from china and its globai europe version and my country is Turkey! Before on yi app we can select just Europe and it was enough now there is no europe selection and if I select Turkey app giving error (not accept Turkey as europe very strange also) If I select another europe country since app checking the location from phone and directly block camera to pair! there is very high amount of users using this camera’s and everybody now having problems! Company blocking old camera owners! and not helping anymore! what a shame! We payed money for this camera’s !! Also They removing my posts!
Screenshot_20220125-060159_Kami_Home|281x500

1 Like

We are not blocking old camera owners. This is a bug for sure. There is no paywall, we aren’t forcing you into a subscription or purchase a new camera. But it does appear there is a bug in the new logic.

It can be hard to keep track of issues if they are leaking onto multiple threads. If your post is deleted, this is the reason. We are addressing your concern on another thread.

I have sent instructions on your original thread. Please review and send me your ticket number once you’ve contacted our support team.

Again, I apologize for the delay and will work to get this resolved as quickly as we can.

Thank you.

Good morning everybody,

after power shut down yesterday I’ve now got the same problem with one of my yi home 1080p cameras (IFUSY44HGX), too.

Have you ever got a solution for solving the issue?
Thanks a lot!

Hey @Avastas I am sorry to hear you’re having a problem getting your cameras back online after a power outage. That’s a bummer. Have you tried resetting the cameara? Are they’re any issues with your wifi since the power outage? What step are you stuck on when trying to reconnnect?

Hi Steven_Kami,

thank you for your reply. There are no problems with our WiFi and I’ve got 2 other yi home 1080p cameras which are working correct like before power outage in the same WiFi.

Yes, I’ve resetted the camera using the hidden button on the back and the camera says: Reset successfull. After that the camera reboots and start saying “Welcome to Yi Home Camera. Waiting to connect!” and starts flashing yellow light. I then start the Yi Home App on my Android device, scan the QR Code on the back of the camera, setup the WiFi (2,4 GHz) data in the App, scan the QR code with camera from the smartphone screen, camera says “QR-Code scanned is successfull” and the light starts flashing blue for a short time. After that the light becomes yellow and the camera reboots (you can here a click inside the camera) and the camera start saying “Welcome to Yi Home Camera! Waiting to connect”

I tried it many many times and also with a different WiFi with same result. I can’t connect the camera to WiFi anymore. I also tried a different power supply from another Yi Home Camera, but it doesn’t work.

@Avastas Ugh that’s a bummer. I am sorry to hear you’ve run into this issue. I think the next best step is to reach out to our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact or email support@kamihome.com. They can escalate the troubleshooting to our QA team and if defective work on a replacement process as well. You sound pretty knowledgeable. You have 2 other cameras working after the outage. It sounds like the camera may be defective.

Any resolutions to this issue. I am having the exact same issue as described by the original post.
I’ve email tech support so awaiting reply.

Has tech support resolved the issue for anyone or just replaced camera?

@fastfullback Based on feedback from the few who have experienced this issue have contacted support for a replacement. Email support@kamihome.com.

@Steven_Kami Do you work for KamiHome? I have emailed them, showed them the issue, including video and also showed my proof of purchase. At the start they were very responsive, but now have simply stopped responding to my emails.
My ticket number is #616521

Could you maybe take a look?

I do! :slight_smile: @fastfullback Let me take a look at your ticket and see what’s goin on internally. Thanks for sending me the ticket number

I will say that CS experienced and influx that affected their response time. It seems like they’re leaning towards replacing the camera. Let me get this back on their radar.

Appreciate your patience

Categories