YI Home 1080p Camera Firmware Update Notice

How long have you had the camera? Could you look at a refund or exchange through the retailer who sold you the camera?

It sounds like you have tried all the troubleshooting steps.

Hi, That’s probably my only route as staff who work for the company on here,are ignoring my message as they know it’s not any good I bet.
Had it 8 months,will return if possible purchased off Amazon.
just purchased a Kami colour night vision camera for outdoors now I’m not sure on Yi/Kami c/s anymore.

I haven’t done a manual upgrade of the firmware but I guess that maybe the last resort if I can find the right firmware to download. (Yi 1080p AI camera)

Thanks

Hey @Bulldog thanks for your patience! I have pinged our customer support and they have let me know they emailed you a form to fill out for the next steps to get your camera replaced. We will get you up and running again!

Hi Steven, Will check my messages but didn’t have one earlier. That’s good if I do not have to pay return cost to China as some have mentioned.
Do we know why it would just fail like this?
Thanks

@Bulldog I am not too sure. A number of things could contribute to the network connection issues. Were you able to find the form we sent?

Hi, Yes I seen it and returned the email,waiting on review on replacement.
Thankyou

1 Like

@Bulldog Awesome! Thanks for the update

Hi,
I have faced the same issue as user @Bulldog.

I am no longer able to connect the camera to my network.
I am reaching pairing stage and camera scans QR code light flashes blue to start pairing then camera resets everytime,with yellow light and “waiting to connect” .

@Steven_Kami
Did you solve this issue? What is the solution?

Hi mine has been classed as faulty and is being refunded as I purchased through Amazon and still in warranty.
Hope it helps.

Thank for you response. Unfortuantely for me, I bought mine on alliexpress and I’m not sure if any warranty exists.

@Steven_Kami
Hope, you can help me with this issue.
My request is 493893.

So far I only got standard response to check all steps, which clearly doesn’t help.

Hello @klinanderw and @Bulldog, someone from our support team is now looking into your concern. :slight_smile:

Hi @Kami_Nick.
Thank you for your help. So far none of instruction is helping, issue is still visible.

I’ve found video with exactly the same behavior as for my camera in similar thread on your page.
However it is different camera than mine, It seems to be common faliure of cameras.

Hi all,
firmware upgrade solved this isue.

1 Like

Awesome @klinanderw! Thanks for the update! If anyone else is having this problem try updating the firmware!

Hello, i tried to send you an email more then one week ago about firmware update of my cameras (ticket 498621).
I am waiting for a reply

thanks

Matteo

Can someone help me do the firmware update for this camera?

Hello Nikki. Are you experiencing issues with your camera ? If so what are the symptoms

1 Like

Hello,
The firmware of my 1080p camera is 3.0.0.0D_201809111054 , so it is very old.
I tried to push the button under settings->device settings->firmware version->update but I receive the message “up to date”.

How can i update the firmware with the latest? Why the update button is not working?

Thanks

Matteo

Hello,
can I have a reply? where is the customer support needed?

Matteo

Email support through the address that can be found in the Yi technology contact us page.

Why do you need firmware ? Is your camera not operating as it should be? If so what is the issue? Just because the firmware ‘appears to be’ “old” doesn’t indicate an issue with it

Categories