YI Home 1080p Camera Firmware Update Notice

2020-03-24T16:00:00Z

Dear users,

We will be releasing new firmware for your YI 1080p Home Camera in a week’s time. This is a maintenance release with bug fixes and additional logs for better troubleshooting. Please make sure you update your YI Home App from the app store before updating your camera’s firmware or else the firmware update may fail.

In the meantime, if you are currently having any issues with your camera from a recent firmware update, you can manually update to the latest firmware by following the instructions below:

1. Ensure that you have updated to the latest version of YI Home App.

2. Download the correct firmware version on your computer (your laptop/computer must have an SD card reader) .

3. Insert a microSD card into your computer’s SD card reader.

4. Place the firmware file onto your microSD card.

5. Insert the microSD card into your YI Home 1080p Camera.

Your camera should start updating automatically.

If you are still having trouble with your camera, please contact our support team at support@yitechnology.com.

Regards,

The YI Technology Hardware Team

1 Like

What is the last version?

Please revert to the following firmware versions respectively: 4.2.0.0H_20190904162 / 2.1.0.0E_201809191630

Dome camera stopped recording after update also. What do you suggest to do?

Hi Sam, which Dome cam? YI Dome Cam X, YI Dome 1080p, or under Kami brand?

Downloaded the fix and camera is still not working.
on a Mac
Please advise

Hi @bradley and welcome to our community! If you are still experiencing issues with your camera not functioning properly after downloading the firmware update, please email support@yitechnology.com so we can take a look for you.

mac is not fixed yet pc app was fixed mac is next

I have 6 Yi home cameras 3 and since a firmware was pushed to my cameras…5 of them quit working…they are clicking continuously and yellow light keeps alternating between flashing and steady for few seconds…blue light does not show up.

I tried following directives on this forms but still the same experience…not sure how to get them all back to work but your guys’ update messed up my devices if they are not going to work anymore, I am expecting yi to replace them…if I ever can figure out a way to get hold of support looking that articles have dead links, phone support link shows…no phone number to call…emails are not being answered…pretty bad experience so far!

1 Like

Hi,

@IT_Tech To assist you in this issue, please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com. Add ticket# 422076 for reference.

I am completely unable to locate firmware for Yi Home AI. I cannot connect to my router through the app. I have disabled the 5ghz band and have enabled the 2.4ghz band of the router, but that doesn’t seem to help at all. My Verizon Fior router is model G3100.

Can firmware on the 1080 home AI be updated?

Hi,

@ccutty78 I have replied back in the ticket you created when you emailed our customer support. I will address your issue in that email thread.

I have bought the family 4 pack 1080p home and two out of four well I wont even play with the other two.I tried two different sd cards and downloaded the correct firmware and nothing.These cameras don’t work after the new firmware was updated

Hi,

@Adrian.H Please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com, so we can further address this matter and try to offer a solution to your cameras issue. Refer with ticket #435318.

Hello,

I have YI Dome Camera X. What is the last version?

Hi,

@christianbalz The latest version is 4.0.0.0F_201909251646. This is the current version you are using.

Could one of these bug fixes be related to the issue of not being able to utilize the camera plan that I purchased with my Apple ID? I really hate the thought of having to wait another week to see if that fixes it though. I really don’t understand why you can’t simply merge my accounts or transfer the purchase?

Hi @CherylBuc this firmware update isn’t related to your case. I just looked into your correspondence with customer support and and I’m very sorry that your issue is still unresolved. I just sent you a PM with more info.

Still continue the firmware bellow to YI Home Camera 3?

If yes, has some forecast the new one? :wink:

Hi,

@Juarezpj The latest firmware version for the YI Home 3 camera is 4.2.0.0H_201909041620. The current version you are running is the latest version. If you click “Upgrade”, you will see the message “Latest Version” in the app, indicating you are running the latest version. Are you having an issue with your camera?

Categories