YI Home 1080p Camera Firmware Update Notice

Hey Enrique I just sent you a private message to get more info.

You’re very welcome!

Hi @Kami_Mark,

This is my ticket number: [#458457]. Thank you. I just reply to support email with my findings. Seems that camera is not happy with my home network. Works on other my network (backup LTE wifi). It´s strange because other my two yi cameras works very well. I will be happy if there is cure for that. I’m willing to cooperate to find out where is problem.

Jan

Hi Jan, I just looked up your ticket number. Very interesting indeed. Do you mind posting that information here also?

Have you tried power cycling your router?

i am facing this same problem, and have tried all but no success i had 4 1080p cams brought in USA but are being used in INDIA. 2 of them are working fine but 2 are not pairing at all.

Even after resetting the cams it would not say waiting to connect, and the yellow light comes on stays stable and then there is a click sound and the light goes off. and every now and then there is a combination of flashing lights of all colors.

Please Help

@tusharmall Sorry to hear that after performing troubleshooting steps, the cameras are still not able to connect. It seems that Sounds like it’s an individual issue, let’s troubleshoot it separately. Will send you a direct message shortly.

Are you a worker ? I need some support

I’m part of the support team.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, i purchased a 4 pack of cameras from Aliexpress and when i tried to set up 3 of the cameras will connect to wifi perfectly and setup fine but the 4th camera keeps saying incorrect password. The network is 2.4ghz, the password is correct, i have tried doing the firmware update which is here but the camera will not firmware update following this method. The SD card is a 16gb and i have tried on a number of cards.

Can you please send me link to correct firmware and process from start to finish so i can get the firmware update to work and hopefully it will then fix my wifi password problem. Or any suggestions to get this up and running?

Thank You

Hello?? The people on support email keep sending me a mail telling me to remove from my app and reconnect. I CANNOT GET THE WIFI TO WORK therfore i have NEVER GOT THE bloody thing connected to the app. Can someone here please help? My ticket number is 487586

Hey @fatherted we can absolutely help resolve this for you.

First of all, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! We are so glad you’ve decided to join us. A great opportunity to learn, share, most importantly have fun!

I am going to tag our customer success extraordinary @Kami_Anne, to help you with this. Thanks for the ticket number. That is very helpful!

1 Like

Hello! I am not looking on to your ticket number. Let us continue communication through email.

Thanks Steven and Anne, I am sorry to be annoyted but i just keep getting same email response. I am happy to continue this on email Anne, i have responded to the mail which you sent this morning but it seems to be bouncing back?

Hi, looks like I have the exact same issue as @nacolopez with the same 1080p indoor AI camera. No longer able to connect the camera to my network. Tried another house network still not working. I get to pair stage and camera scans QR code light flashes blue to start pairing then camera resets everytime,with yellow light and “waiting to connect”.
My older Yi 1080p camera still works in the Yi or Kami app.
🤷👎
If it helps ticket number 490283

Hey @Bulldog that does help! I am sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues. I will update you as soon as I have information in regards to your ticket.

And, Welcome to the community! We’re glad to have you and we’re here to help!

Anyone else got issue with Chinese writing and not able to play back full video clips?
I have cameras with SD cards (Outdoor, indoor and Dome) and I don;t use the Cloud. For no reason, they have just started to show only the short recording and won’t allow me to view the full recording after the clip. When short clip is played I’m now confronted with Chinese writing and no options to select!!! Is this yet another pathetic update that’s gone out by YI?
I’ve checked all settings and they all say software up to date. I’ve checked for an App update and there isn’t one!..

Others have reported this. YI aware and I understand looking to correct the message back into English.

@Fowler7957 @YorkshireUser Thanks for keeping us posted on these small bugs. So helpful to resolve quickly.

We have released an update for the Yi Home App that has fixed the bug and resolved the other storage issues as a result. Once you’ve updated, this will not happen again.

Thanks for the update Steven. I actually never saw this bug in my app on either iOS or Android. So perhaps it was something region specific. Good to see it was quickly fixed fir those that did see it.

Hi Steven,Will I be getting a reply to my issue it’s been a few days now or do I just assume it’s now faulty and bin it?

Categories