Yi Home 1080P AI+ won’t connect

If you tried everything and still nothing, we will replace the camera. Can you send me your ticket number, I will ping the team that they can process the refund and to do so quickly :slight_smile:

Steve_Kami

I bought camera from amazon (located in Central America) I have 6 other cameras working, this one just went offline and solid yellow light, yes I am using 2.4 ghz router, I am basically 5 feet from router (do I need to be closer? no phun intended) the power source is the charging brick and cable that came with the camera hook to a 110 outlet.

Thanks for the feedback @rogue I am sorry to hear this has been lingering.

How long ago did you purchase the camera from Amazon?

Early 2019, from reading other post seem all I need is to flash camera manually with newest firmware but you webpage doesn’t have it…

Hello Kami/Yi is currently reviewing how they make these available. Please visit the Kami Website and use the contact us to send a message to customer services.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my YI camera 1080p AI+ camera, Model: YYS.206. It seems to be bricked, and everything I am doing, ie uploading firmware/reset button, is to no avail. I have contacted customer support ticket:563877.

@Rajan Our support team answered Friday morning with some helpful troubleshooting suggestions. Keep us posted on they go.

My 02 cameras have the same problem: Not connecting to WIFI despite reboot and correction procedures. Scan QR code but cannot connect. The LED is blinking blue intermittently. All other devices can connect to 2.4GHz WIFI perfectly, except cameras. Their identity are:
BFUSY44JIZBSJX201027 and BFUSY44XPXPF6B201027.

Two other cameras that I have are correctly connected, while the ones I reported don’t connect anymore. By the way, the LEDs now flash yellow :confused:

Hey @felipenove Thanks for your patience. I have you contacted our support team yet? When did you purchase the cameras that do not work? From where did you purchase?

Hi Steve! I’m contacting support yes, ticket #571335. My cameras were purchased in February 2021, in Brazil. I have 04 cameras, all in the same environment. But two work properly and the other two don’t connect to the same wifi as the others.

I made the videos as requested. I apologize for the delay, as I was late due to the demands of my work. As you will see, I have 04 IY Home cameras, which are installed in the same place and use the same internet. However, two do not connect and are as per the video. They are the KAMI YI HOME CAMERAS BFUSY44JIZBSJX201027 and BFUSY44XPXPF6B201027. I’m sending you a link to the video posted on youtube. If you have difficulties viewing it, please get in touch:

No apologies necessary! And, thanks for sending this video over. I see our support team have made a few suggestion that did not work. Thats frustrating I am sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like they’ve asked for proof of purchase so they can escalate this internally and replace the camera under warranty if applicable. Send the requested documentation and I will push this along on our end so we can get to a quick resolution.

Hi Steve. I hope it happens in the best possible way. Today I was at the house of a neighbor who has 02 YI Home (they even bought it because of my indications) and one of their cameras is also not connecting to Wifi. I notice that there are many cases of similar problems. They will also contact support for a solution.

Hi Steven, thank you so much. I thought I responded to your message, but apparently I have not :sweat_smile: I still have not heard back from customer service after sending them my invoice twice. My ticket number is #557014

Hey @Wdytz These things happen! Too much to do and keep track of these days. I just forwarded you the original response from out support team. I will let our support manager know to keep an eye out as well.

Hello, last week I bought a pack of 2 cameras YI Home 1080p AI+ from Amazon, one of these cameras works fine and the setup was so easy… unfortunately with the other camera the setup process was very difficult, after many tries I was able to setup it, however after of some minutes the camera gets disconnected, I had tried to eliminate it from the application, then repeat all the process to set the camera up again getting the same result. I really appreciate your help to get this works. Thanks.

Hey @jctrivino Thats frustrating! And, welcome to the community! We’re glad to have you around :slight_smile:

That is very concerning. Especially since 1 of the cameras works in the exact same conditions.

Amazon has a no questions asked 30-day return policy. I’d initiate the return, get your refund from Amazon. Send back the 1 camera that’s not working, then, buy the 2 pack again and now you have 3 :wink: We can go back and forth troubleshooting but this will most likely be the easiest option. But, I will ask…

How far away from the router is the camera?
Is your wifi router on 2.4ghz or 5ghz?
What about your phone? 2.4 or 5g?
Are you on Android or iOS?

Thanks for your patience! Let me know what you decide :slight_smile:

Hi Steven,
Unfortunately last week I was in Miami, Florida for holidays, now I am in Colombia and I will ask about the option to return the camera from here.

How far away from the router is the camera? Initially, the camera was located 5 meters away from the router, then I moved it very close.
Is your wifi router on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? The router is 2.4ghz
What about your phone? 2.4 or 5g? Same… it is on 2.4ghz
Are you on Android or iOS? Android.

I create a case with support … it is 576724.

Hey @jctrivino I see our team responded a few days ago with some troubleshooting suggestions. How did it go? Were you able to get connected? Hope you’re having a lovely day! Look forward to your feedback

Categories