Yi Home 1080P AI+ won’t connect

So it’s the much older manufactured ones that appear to be having problems then.

I’m going to loop in @Steven_Kami who might be able to help more and perhaps look with the Yi technical team into what is happening here

1 Like

Just to clarify. One of the YYS.2919 cameras is not connecting.

Hey @MrKamiUser I am going to send you a direct message about this issue. If it’s deemed to be a defect, lets just get the camera replaced, and you set up with working hardware.

Please check your forum inbox from a direct message from me :slight_smile:

I have 2 cameras yi1080p same problem won’t connect, I have tried everything of everything of everything, but they do not connect anymore

When did they last connect and what did you see when they stopped connecting?

What colour is the led light?

Also it would help if you explained what you have tried. That helps the forum to help you.

I have two identical 1080p cameras; The camera gets close to where it asks to scan the QR code and scans the code and says successful, but the light blinks blue, then goes back to blinking yellow and keeps asking to connect.

Hey @valerio9869 Thanks for coming to the community for more information. I am sorry to hear you’re having issues.

Here are some steps that I recommend you to take in order to start the pairing process on a fresh footing.

Download the latest version of the YI or Kami Home app.

Delete the camera from the app (if it is not already).

Restart your phone.

Power cycle your router (turn it off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then wait for it to completely boot up which might take up to 5 minutes)

Make sure your phone is logged onto the same network as the camera you are wanting to setup and that is a 2.4GHz network.

Bring the camera as close as you can to the router.

Reset the camera and walk through the paring process once more.

If it is still failing, please let me know what error you receive, or at what part of the process you are getting stuck at.

Let us know how it goes. We may need to escalate this to our support team.

Hi, I have the exact same issue. It just went offline all of a sudden today and won’t reconnect. It says “connecting to WiFi”, light goes from flashing blue to blue to steady yellow and then flashing yellow, and goes back to “waiting to connect”. The camera was bought in June 2021 and is YYS2016. I have two more same cameras bought two years ago and they are working just fine.Tried everything @Steven_Kami suggested and nothing works. Is there any update/solution to this problem yet?

Hey @Wdytz Has there been any changes to your wifi router the camera is using? The camera is practically new. Have you reached out to our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact? If so, can you please send me your ticket number?

Hi, @Steven_Kami ! Thank you for your response. All I have changed was the angle of the camera that day. It was working just fine and then after about 5 minutes I heard the camera started to ‘click’. I open the app and it showed that the camera was off-line. So I tried to reconnect, but not working. I will send you the ticket number via message. Thanks!

I have the exact same problem, I tried the above procedures for the reset but nothing

Hello. If you have tried all the recommended troubleshooting your next step would be to detail the problem to customer services.

https://kamihome.com/contact/

I contacted support without receiving a reply

Hi did you receive an automated response with a reference ?

I wrote an email to support (support@kamihome.com) but have not received a reply

They can take up to 48 hours to provide and units response.

Hey @raffaele Thanks for your patience. You should have received a ticket number when the ticket opened?

As soon as you a ticket number, please send it to me here.

Hi Steve I am having the same problem as the users above, camera is a YI 1080p Smart Home Camera, I get all the way to Qr code scanned and then 2 clicking sounds and it reverts to “Welcome to Yi home camera, waiting to connect” have manual firmware update but your webpage has no file to download for this camera.

Hey @rogue That sounds frustrating. I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue.

What region are you located in?
Where did you purchase your camera?
Are you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz when connecting?
What is the camera power source?
How far away from the router is it?

Many thanks for your feedback. We will get to the bottom of this!

1 Like

Just an update of what is going on with the Yi1080 camera. The customer service team sent me a few emails mainly giving me the exact same instructions as mentioned by people in this discussion. I explained to them that I have tried everything they told me to try, yet nothing works. So I asked for either an exchange or a refund and sent them the invoice they asked for. It has been another 2 weeks now, no respond yet.

Categories