Yi Camera only storing 2 days of clips on SD card?

Hi Steve,

Right I am now on on IOS15.3 I think the behaviour is worse. Now if you select anything past 2 days ago you get a message saying no video recorded. Before at least it would take you to start of that day even though you had to use the ridiculous time bar which was impossible.

To add some more colour to this I have 2 x cameras on motion capture mode. I think one might be an 1080dpi one and the other a 720dp one (not sure how to tell?)

On the 720dpi in door camera I have just replaced the SD card. What I see there I can select back 6 days by using the pull down date tab. then the view flips to the first recorded clip of that day. But the clips list stays the same - 2 days worth. But it is recording clips for many days we just cant access them except via the crappy date line.

On the 1080dpi camera if I select any date - even yesterday I get the “No video recorded to the SD card on Yesterday” message - oddly I can see the list of alerts and click on them and they play fine when you click on them. But as above only 2 days worth.

But we are still no closer to being able to select a date, then seeing the list of alerts for that day - which seems pretty obvious.

Hi Steve,

I upgraded to 15.3.1 and it’s the same. In fact I have a couple of iPads and the behaviour is the same….this can’t be hard to reproduce?

I’m having this same issue. I only get 2 days of video clips saved for all three camera that are connected and the SD cards are not full. I have them set for motion detect. All three cameras have had their SD cards formatted. The software versions are 5.6.7_20220917083444 for the Android app and 2.1.0.0E_201809191630 on the cameras

You may find that the cameras are actually storing more days data. However if you scroll down in the little preview windows which show the clips (6 second clips) you only get 2 days worth there. If you select a camera, then press the date button you will get it a pull down of other dates. If you select another date you get taken to the first alert of that day. You have to use the timeline horizontal bar to select alerts. It’s totally unusable. We reported it years ago. They want you buy the subscription so aren’t interested in the SD card functionality.

If you

Thanks for that information. I see what you’re talking about now. Certainly not very convenient but at least there are captures that can be viewed.

Given their lack on interest in keeping customers happy, I’ll be looking at other systems in the future instead of Yi.

The issues here have only become worse over time. I used to be able to use my original Yi on the old app for weeks, now I can get a single day. I am on the current version from the apple store and current OS for my 7, but same issues on my wifes 12.

I am very close to choosing a different vendor. The constant ad’s that come up asking you to subscribe and the inability to record multiple days on SD paired with the motion detection getting worse and worse, this seems like a bait and switch product.

Forcing people to a paid product makes sense on a non-sd card product, but these have the ability to store everything, thats why most people bought them, so they could have local access, not depend on the internet to record video.

Please fix the app so our SD cards can hold as many days until they are full.

Categories