YI Camera Not Recording

Hi, same issue. Camera stops recording after a while. No problems reported with SD card.

Is there any solution? I see plenty here even with a class 10 card have issues.

Andrew

Hey @megawhite Are you on the newest version of the app? We have released an update that addresses all the bugs and missing features. make sure you are on the newest version

Hi, thanks for your response.

Yes I have the latest app. Surely this is an issue local to the camera in its firmware where it just gives up recording when the SD card fills up? That seems to be when it hangs, after I format the card and the free space drops to 0.5GB. It says the SD card is functioning properly but refuses to record.

Iā€™ve no idea why Class 10 is the minimum spec required, thatā€™s 10MB/s performance and the video data rate is nothing like that. My drone requires 10MB/s and thatā€™s recording 4k with H.264, which is many more times the data these cameras produce.

Andrew

Two things to try. How does the SD card behave in another device?

Can you try another SD card in the camera to see how that behaves?

What brand of SD card do you have? And how old is it?

Iā€™ve been reading these replies that go back months. Long time Yi user here and I need to say something, Iā€™ve been having the same issue but only recently.

My neighbor was on my porch screwing with stuff today and I canā€™t see more than six seconds of it because of this error. ā€œNo recorded videos on SD card for todayā€ my SD cards are fine.

I can tell you as a consumer, this issue IS NOT fixed with any app or system update, not with resetting or replacing SD cards. You should not continue to tell people it is. At midnight every night my cameras stop recording and they have not since the 9/23 update.

I donā€™t feel safe anymore using these cameras, which is the whole point. I really hope nothing serious happens while people are having this issue.

4 Likes

Give this thread a read. Towards the end there are some helpful suggestions.

The newest version sucks. I have it. It keeps saying no video recorded for today. I changed SD card and the same thing. When I read the SD card in another device (Laptop) I can see all the video recordings but your camera cant detect them since i updated the app. you guys keep saying you will fix it but when???

1 Like

@Psisquare Thanks for the detailed feedback. I am sorry to hear that youā€™re having trouble.

What camera model do you have?
What is your phone model? And, operating system?

Same problem as mine. Recording on SD card stops on my two Yi 1080p home cameras. One has a firmware version: 9.0.19.02_202007141512 and the other one is 9.0.19.09_202010291747. When I try to update their firmware on the YI Life android app v. 1.1.3_20210823, the app says the camera firmwares are up to date but obviously not. Where can I download the latest firmware so I can update them manually? I canā€™t find it on your website.

You will need to contact Customer Services for any firmware requests.

1 Like

Just noticed that when I look back at a video recorded on my cameras SD card and I want to record it, Kami app says the record button isnā€™t supported. This is really strange as this has previously worked for me

Hey @andybez Thanks for coming to the forum for some more info. Weā€™re glad to have you around!

That is very strange. Can you send a screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to record?

What phone & operating system do you have?
Is there an system setting that needs to be turned on to allow recording?

Iā€™m using an iPhone 12 Pro

Iā€™ve snapped a photo of the message the video was loading as Iā€™m in a poor area for network but the error is still the same

Tbh Iā€™ve had nothing but issues with the kami 1080p cameraā€™s

I have a Yi 720p camera and it was bullet proof Iā€™m in 2 minds to swap back

it looks like its trying to record a time lapse. Is that the issue @andybez or does this happen anytime you try to recored? Thatā€™s the error if im following correctly, it shouldnā€™t be in time lapse mode

No I donā€™t think itā€™s in time lapse. Itā€™s now only recording the last 24 hours.

I might just have to call it a day with this kami camera, itā€™s more or less just junk

@Steven_Kami this is the third camera Iā€™ve been sent and I finally thought this one worked. Iā€™ve only had it a couple of months.

@Steven_Kami it is allowing me to record live footage, when I swap to anything recorded on the SD card I then get that message as above .

I have the same issue and have tried everything mentioned on theses posts and cannot get it to record? How do I get a replacement amera?

Also, I have purchased 5 cameras and this is the only one I am having issues withā€¦help!

Categories