YI Camera Not Recording

Hey. I also have the same problem. It started about two months ago and it’s happening to YI indoor cameras as well as YI outdoor cameras. If I format the SD card (from the app) it records and playbacks for a while, then it goes into the same state. No error displayed: just the inability to rewind. I successfully used the cards/camera without interruptions for at least a year, so this should be something that came after an app/camera update.

What camera models do you have. What app version.

@b1231 Also when and where did you purchase your camera? And, have you updated the firmware recently?

@Steven_Kami @YorkshireUser

Thanks for replying. I bought the camera in August 2019 from AliExpress. The model is Hi Outdoor Camera 1080p and the firmware version is 3.0.0.0D_201809111054 (app is telling me it is up to date). As I am speaking the card has free 17.3g from a total of 29.3g and it is written underneath that “The MicroSd card is functioning properly”. Still, the camera won’t record and I do not have the option to rewind.

Thanks!

Try formatting the card whilst in the camera. And test.

@YorkshireUser i formatted the card multiple times using yi app. It works well for a short time period (1day to 3 days) then it stops recording again.

Ok. What type of SD card is it brand and class? Have you got another you could try? If it works for a short time it sounds like it may be the card.

1 Like

Do you have a different SD card you can try and test against the current one which seems to keep failing?

We recommend testing a different card. If the issue still persists, the data from the SD card test will help us understand where to go next.

Keep us posted

Hey Steven, any news on that?

Hey @gmarrara Have you recently update your app or firmware?

Hello I have the same problem. Some update with this problem

Hello. There’s plenty of guidance on what to try on this thread. Have you followed any of it?

Did you SD ever record?

Hi, I followed all the recommendations on this thread and I still have the same problem. It only records a little and then it does not record any more in memory, I am using SD memory class 10 of 32gb.

Thanks for the update. Next step would be to understand what brand of card it is.

Did you also format the sd within the camera via the software?

You could also turn the camera off and just ensure the care and the port in the camera are clear of any dust/dirt

I assume the card is set to continuous recording or even with motion does it not record?

My SD card is from the Maxell brand, I did formatting inside the camera and I also checked the port, the port is fine. Both configured to record continuous and motion, there is no recording. Another thing, currently the cameras are offline but the alerts by detection of 6 seconds keep coming to me.

If alerts are continuing but they are not powered on that is strange. I have not heard of that brand of SD card so not sure if it is supported or not. You may be best to contact Customer Services with what you’ve said about the alerts happening whilst switched off.

https://kamihome.com/contact/

1 Like

That is definitely strange. Thank you for reporting this to the community.

Once you contact our support team, can you please send me your ticket number and we will go from there.

Thanks!

Hello, I created a case, my ticket number is 555163. I need your help please.

Hey @elclasico I have just pinged our team and they are going to take a look. I will continue to monitor the ticket until all is resolved.

Excellent, I really appreciate it. Thank you

1 Like

Categories