Unable to Share YI Home with family

I also need help.
I am experiencing the same issues as all the above and none of the proposed solutions work.

Hey @Thesantina Welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble. I have just sent you a private message with a couple of questions so we can get moving in the right direction.

I want to thank you before-hand for your patience. Our stellar team of support staff will help us so you can share Yi home with the rest of your family. Gotta keep an eye on those kids!

Hi, can you tell me where the private message was sent? I have not received an email.

I too am having exactly the same issues. Could someone please get back to me on other things to try?
Just out of curiosity, have all the people who posted on here had the problem fixed??

Hi We are having the same problems

Same problems sharing cameras as all previous comments. What is the fix?

Same issues fir my family too

Same problem. Deleted both accounts, restarted both iPhones, tried to share from one account to the other and the other way around too, nothing works, tried everything.

@Kersh @greens80 @Stlvnlrg @Douglas @Martini49 I am sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble sharing your Yi Home App with family. That is frustrating!

Have you followed the steps suggested in our Help Article?

Have you checked permissions? You can cancel invitation, then re-invite them.

Lastly, if it’s someone you absolutely trust, you can share your login info as well.

Please see help center article below:

Hi, I followed all of the steps a few times already. I even logged to the same account on the other phone, and now one has a camera added, and the other doesn’t, despite the fact it is the same account… How crazy is that?
Also, I can’t share via QR code, because it’s saying that the region is different, but it’s not - I’ve just checked on both iPhones in system settings.

Hello, @Martini49 That must be frustrating! Let me help you, please follow these steps:

1.Launch your Mobile App.

2.Tap the hexagon icon on the desired camera you wanted to share.

3.Tap “Share”

4.Tap "QR / Other accounts

Note: When using a QR code turn up your phone’s brightness to the highest setting. Place the QR Code directly in front of the camera lens. Slowly move your device back approximately 6’’ away from the lens.

Tried several times, unfortunately it’s still the same error about region :neutral_face:

Tried it all and it still doesnt work. Even logging onto my account from my wifes device doesnt work because it does not show the cameras connected to my account. It tells me that i must pair a device. I already have devices paired to my account. Your app needs a FIX! I have until January to return these cameras. If there is no fix by then, I will be returning all the YI products I purchased.

Hey @Stlvnlrg I am so sorry for the delay. Let’s get this resolved by January.

Where are you located?

@Martini49 same question, where you located?

@Steven_Kami my region is Poland

1 Like

Thanks @Martini49 that is super helpful. Let me get back to you the I know more.

For anyone else having this issue, please post the region you are located.

I am having the same issues. We moved houses and I was able to get the camera set up on my wife’s phone. Tried logging in to her account and made one for me. Neither the QR code or username worked. Tried the brightness tip. Both our apps have precise location turned on.

The app and camera are up to date. Our iOS is not. I’ll update those tonight.

1 Like

@Martini49 is the person you are trying to share you Yi Home App with in a different region than you?

We only allow you to share Yi Home App with those in the same region.

Hey @Delavanm Welcome to the community. Thank you so much for joining. Great feedback.

Update your iOS and double check your apps are up to date after you do so. Then, try again. If this persists, let us know and we can escalate this with our team.

Categories