Unable to Share YI Home with family

@Steven_Kami, yes, region is the same. Language of the application and operating system is different, but region is the same and we are even on same WiFi if it makes any difference.

Hey @kathleen welcome to the community! Weā€™re glad to have you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you. This is a great place to share & learn!

Hi steven
Im having the same problem
I need help please

Thanks
Aljohara

May I please have additional support? I have the same error messages and have applied the remedies described in this thread to no avail. Thank you!

Hey @Aljohara Welcome to the community. Thank you so much for joining!

What region are you located in?

Hey @JokersJester Same to you! Welcome to the community. So glad to have you. Can you please share what region your are located in?

Where can I check?
I was looking everywhere cant find it!

I am in the United States. Scanning the QR gives an error requiring Chinese app which I canā€™t download.

I am having the same issue sharing the cameras with my wife since she got a new phone, we are both in the uk and on the same IOSā€¦I have read and tried all the posts above but nothing helped. Please help.

Same issue here! I have tried aevrything suggested in this thread but still cannot share the camera with my wife

Iā€™m having the same issue as a lot of the others. My wife had the app installed and working sharing 2 cameras. She has upgraded her phone IOS and now Iā€™m unable to share. I have tried all the steps above to no avail. I have even logged in with my account on her phone with no success. Can someone help please?

Hi, same problem here, I canā€™t share any cameras with my siblings. I always get ā€œuser not foundā€. I guess we all have the same region selected but anyway I canā€™t find it in the app so Iā€™ve no clue how to check it. Can I get some help? Thanks

It took me a while to figure this out. It will be on the top right of the Login screen (it is on my IOS APP)
If you go to the app>discover>settings>Log out. When you go to sign in it should be in the too right corner.

1 Like

Thanks, at least now I know we are all in the same region but unable to share the cameras. Actually this is a huge fail for me and I have no clue how to fix it.

@alberto Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing.

Did Golfpaulā€™s advice in the comment above yours help at all?

Is there an issue with the App on iPhone12 Pro? I have tried sharing QR code, I have tried setting up a new account and I have tried logging in with my credentials into my wives phone all to no avail. She now needs to use her old iPhone just to check cameras. This is extremely frustrating.

Hey @Golfpaul You should be able to log into your account using your credentials on your wives phone. We do not restrict sharing in this way. Can you double check credentials are correct when trying to log into your wives phone?

Thank you for your patience. Let me know how it goes.

Credentials are correct, it allows me to log in but there are no cameras to view on her phone when I log in with my credentials. On her old phone I can see the 3 cameras when logged into my account.

That is a bug of some kind. Can you please write to support@yitechnology.com with a link to this thread for the technical supports reference. It sounds like this needs to be escalated so our app team can take a look and fix any bugs.

If you have already contacted support@yitechnology, please send me your ticket #?

Iā€™ve heard nothing back about this and not received any messages and still have the same problem.

Categories