Trouble Pairing YI Dome Camera 1080p

I think the issue for some camera models Yi is yet to issue an updated firmware package - but reading another post from Yi support it sounds like this is on its way for the ‘Baby Yoda’ model.

A question for Yi though would be if the camera was working fine previously with no changes by the user, how did previously working firmware go bad?

2 Likes

@YorkshireUser @klinanderw @Martini26 there has been a firmware update. It should resolve this issue.

1 Like

At last! The seller decided to make a replacement!
It was not easy and only because the help of this forum!
Firstly- the seller didn’t answer me at all.
So I opened a dispute on Aliexpress. And they refund only 10USD.
But after conversation in private messages with support team of this forum, they decide to make a replacement (I payed 10USD for new camera)
Its good decision for me! I hope this new camera will work fine :pray:
Thanks everybody for help!
Thanks to this forum!

Speical thank for @Steven_Kami

@Steven_Kami We are really waiting for the firmware, because we will need it for our cameras that we will receive soon.
Thank a lot!!! FOR EVERYTHING!

@YorkshireUser I am really interested in this question too. Because I will always doubt if something happened with my camera again.
It is really necessary to understant the reason of the problem.

1 Like

I tried to upgrade new firmware but there isn’t any option via app (Yi Home PC/mobile) :confused:
The best way would be directly from sdcard so maybe you could give us a firmware file?

Great to hear that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Martini26 the support team gave me one file. But it didn’t help me at all. Write me in private your email. I can resend you this file. May be it will help you.

1 Like

1 At last I understood why I can’t to install the firmware.
Because SD card has to be in FAT32 format, not exFAT32.
Nobody tell me about it for 3 weeks. Why? Wшndows10 proposed only exFAT32 for SD cards. And I thought it was OK. But then I found in the forums SD CARD SHOULD BE ONLY IN FAT32.
Why nobody write mе how to do it?..
2. As I can format SD card correctly now I noticed log files on it. I have send them to techsupport. I hope they received it and it will explain the situation a little.
3. After that I have installed the file that techsupport gave to me - one_r30gb.bin - and now my camera stop working at all.
May be someone can send me another better file?

Hey Mark,

I am also having this problem. Can you help me?

@Natalie @TheFenwickGhost working on figuring this one out. Talking with the product team and as soon as I know more, I will let you both know.

Thank you SO much for your patience. Hope all had a great holiday!

1 Like

Hey @Natalie! I’ve gotten some more info. The camera should update to the current firmware when the camera is paired on the account. What is the firmware version shown in the customer app? The current firmware version is 9.0.05.99_202011091624. This means the current firmware was released on 11/09/2020

Can you check to see if this firmware number matches your current version?

@Steven_Kami How can I checked or update it if I can’t pair the camera for 3 weeks?

Excellent question @Natalie! Please see screenshots below for reference and follow the simple steps.

1. Open settings for Yi Dome Guard Camera by selecting the hexagon on your app home screen
  2. Tap “Camera Settings”

3. See Firmware at the bottom of the menu. Compare with the number I’ve provided

@Steven_Kami I explain you once again. I have no “camera settings” because I have no paired camera!

@Steven_Kami Also I broke the current firmware because your support team send me strange file. So. I am asking the firmware file like others model have.

Was support able to offer steps to resolve the pairing issues @Natalie? We can’t download the firmware until the camera is paid with your account

Dear @Steven_Kami. We began to discuss my problem from the beginning. Everything here in this thread. Now I want only one thing. I want to be able to download official firmware for my model.
Other models has this opportunity.

@Natalie

Did you ever receive a replacement camera? Reading your issue and trying to help previously, in the best way I can, it’s unacceptable the fact that you have not got a working product and the lengths you have tried to go to correct this.

I realise Yi operates and sells in many different regions through many different resellers but your story here, to me, is unacceptable.

I would have expected your reseller to have either provided a no cost replacement product or a full refund. It is disappointing after many weeks of you trying to get this sorted you are still in this predicament.

Dear @YorkshireUser everything is OK. My new camera is on the way.
But I still want to know the situation about firmware. All other models have it.
I am worried if something went wrong I would like to have the possibility to download an official firmware.
I wrote all my thoughts about it above.

But as I understand now nobody wants to answer me in this way.
So I never be satisfied with the product without official support and firmware.
Notwithstanding with all this thanks everyone for your help.
Wishing you great holidays!

Categories