Trouble Pairing YI Dome Camera 1080p

@YorkshireUser, @Steven_Kami THe main question is Why the called themself YI Official Store?
And what store on ALiExpress is really official??? Could you provide the link of the Official Store on AliExpress?

HVe you tried a warranty claim on the retailer? Or a refund claim?

Agree with you however their use of the term ‘official’ is interesting

Hey @Natalie that is the link to the official Aliexpress is the link to the official store. If you contact them, they will initiate the refund process.

@Martini26 Did you purchase through AliExpress? Have you contacted them?

@Steven_Kami Yes I contact this store. First in private messages. Nobody answer. I waiting for a couple of days and start a despute.
Nobody talk to me at all.
So they refunded me only 10 dollars. And thats all.
So I loose my time, money, and I still have my brick camera.
Only the I have read in warranty card that they should have to refund the whole sum.
But they even talk to me. I have no possibility to claim…

Hi @Steven_Kami,
Yes, I contacted them via e-mail alexandra@kamivision.com which they specified to contact about situation and problems like happened to us.
I resent them all our private corespondention with detailed informations but nobody answered yet so I’m still waiting.

edit:
I’ve just got the answer on aliexpress (not prv e-mail):
“Ok, dear customer, we will check it out”

I got the same issue today. I can’t pair with my Dome Guard camera as it can’t pass the Wifi Connection step, it resets and I hear "waiting to connect’ step. This is so frustrating!

Also, there is no firmware to update.

Will be there any fix for that?

1 Like

Hi, @ryszard Please reset the camera and pair the camera again.

Pairing the camera with the App

1. Connect the camera with the USB cable and adapter, and plug the adapter into a power outlet. The camera can also be powered by only the USB cable if it’s plugged into a device that provides power through USB.
  2. Open the App and log in to your account.
  3. To add your camera, select the ‘+’ icon.
  4. Under Select Device(s), choose the camera that is going to be paired with the app. If you aren’t sure, click on the QR code under Select Device(s). Scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
  5. Then select, I hear “Waiting to connect” at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t hear waiting to connect click on the link called, I did not hear it.
  6. Under Connect to Wi-Fi enter the password for the Wi-Fi router. Select Connect to Wi-Fi.
  7. Then face the QR code directly at the camera. If you hear “QR code scan is successful,” press next. If you did not hear anything, click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
  8. The camera will go into retrieving pairing status that can take 1-2 minutes until the camera is successfully paired with the App.

As of now, we do not have a firmware update since Dome guard is one of the latest cameras we offer. But will keep you posted if there will be one. :blush:

@Kami_RA If you read all these thread you’ll see that this steps doesn’t help at all.

We - your customers - only want to know.
Does the reason is a firmware or we need to go to the service because something was broken inside?

You have so many similar messages that cameras have the same mistake. Everybody have the same situation?
And you have no decision? Really?

Hello.
Did you read the problem description I wrote? The camera was working fine at the beginning but then it just stopped and I can’t pair it again. It won’t connect to the WIFI and RESETS every time it’s it the step nr 8 you described.

@ryszard Apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly reset the camera. If the issue persists, please refer back to the seller.

Thank you. Please contact me if there is a solution for this issue.

Kind regards

1 Like

@ryszard Will do. We appreciate your patience. Keep safe!

Big progress in this case :slight_smile:

“Dear Customer,
We can send you the replacement…”

1 Like

Not for me. They didn’t answer me at all. I opened a dispute. And they agree refund only half of a price(((((

:fire: :fire: :tada: :fist_right: :fist_left: :raised_hands: @Martini26

Thanks for the update!

@Steven_Kami I really happy for the replacement. But can somebody explain.
Is it a firmware or I need to go to service

1 Like

@Natalie it was a result of minor bug that has been fixed. If I’m following correctly. We are contastly updating the app & firmware to the best possibly specs.

@Steven_Kami So. You think it is a firmware. Am I right?
When can we download it on the official web-site?

If the firmware will be available for download, please provide it with detailed instructions how to upload new firmware directly to the camera :slight_smile:

Hi all,
I had similar issue as you, but with YI Home Camera 1080p and indeed firmware upgrade solved it.
If you have firmware ready, then the process is very easy.

1. Copy file to SD card
  2. Put SD card into camera.
  3. Plug in camera
  4. Wait for a while (~1-2 minutes)
  5. If you receive again vocie alert waiting to connect, then try to pair it with app.

Categories