Trouble Pairing YI Dome Camera 1080p

@Martini26 Our cameras are mean to connect to the internet wirelessly. Have you tried these steps?

Download the latest version of the YI Home app.

Delete the cameras the app.

Restart your phone.

Power cycle your router (turn it off for 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then wait for it to completely boot up which might take up to 5 minutes).

Remove any SD cards from the cameras if there are any installed.

Make sure your phone is logged onto the same network as the camera you are wanting to setup and that is a 2.4GHz network.

Reset the camera and walk through the paring process once more.

If it is still failing, please let me know what error you receive, or at what part of the process you are getting stuck at.

My camera is having the same problem as yours. Only 1 month using. My friend has yi dome too and happens the same things.

1 Like

Oh my God! So many people have such problem.
@Steven_Kami can anybody say to us: does it cab be resolved or it is broken?

And to be fair and balanced to YI / Kami there are many owners who have had no issues with their products.

I guess at the price point the cameras are there will be some duff ones, but when working they are excellent and the value for money is unquestionable.

If you can wait for YI to support you excellent if not engage your retailer and ask for a replacement or refund if you are within the retail warranty period.

3 Likes

Yes, many times.
What’s going on with cameras?
I have new one (even unpacked) for my parents and I’m affraid that it won’t work too :thinking:

“wifi password error” -> “waiting to connect” all over again ?!

If camera works only wirelessly so what is the lan port for in it?

1 Like

@Steven_Kami Will anybody help all of us?

Just a thought Natalie are you sure you are connected to your 2.4 network? I only ask because someone I ha d helped previously was encountering issues and he was on the 5ghz network. This wasn’t on purpose and he didn’t realise his router had it enabled.

Going into the router settings and turning it off ensured the camera connected to the 2.4ghz.

Other wifi cameras of a similar type have this issue too. One of my first generation Ring devices was shocking if I had my 5ghz network enabled.

@YorkshireUser yes, I am very very sure. Because it worked fine for several hours and then stopped. I have two Wi Fi networks, 5ghz network has a name like “Natalie_5ghz”. So it is hard to confuse it.
I am sure about my network. By the way I tried a lot of different networks…
nothing helps…

Ok. I know my friend’s wifi was like yours naked differently but for some reason the camera still attempted to connected to it. Switching physically to disabled got the camera working.

Not sure why it was trying to connect to the 5ghz network or if indeed it was but disabling it worked and it’s been working since.

It seems if you have tried everything and on multiple networks then it could be faulty hardware - not sure why that would have just happened though.

Are you still within your retailer’s warranty period ? If so can you get a replacement or refund from them?

It is a shame your camera is doing this as they really are great little cameras.

@YorkshireUser As it works only several hours I have no time to test it. But I really like it very much. I bought it in YI official store on AliExpress, but they didn’t answer to me.
I’d like to know whether I need to open a dispute or may be there is a way to fix it.
Nobody answer(((
I also was thinking about firmware, but I event can’t find the firmware on official site.
My Model is: YI Dome Guard (KFUSY36). Does anybody know where to find a firmware?

Have you seen this page before

That said checking the date of the firmware showing for the Dome camera suggests it’s from 2018.

Version:1.9.1.0J_201809191135
Release date:09/19/2018

I would have thought there would have been some revision in the last 24 months.

@YorkshireUser I visited this page. But here is no my Camera Model.
So, may be I will try to reinstall the firmware but I don’t know where to get it…

What is the camera you are using? It is strange why you cannot see the camera version.

I am UK based and I am unsure if the one I think you are using (Guard) is available in my region.

I have never used that version of camera but the others I’ve used have all been very reliable. I hope it can be sorted for you too. Quickly and easily.

If multiple people are reporting the same issue on the same camera model it would be great to understand what regions they are located in. I would not think with multiple issues of the same type it is single camera issues - unless something ‘bricked’ them. Which would suggest the firmware.

@Steven_Kami - any ideas with this or can you get in contact with the lovely @Natalie and sort out a replacement camera?

20201208_164401 here is my camera
YI Dome Guard (model KFUSY36)
And on the official page of firmwares I can’t find this model.
May be another firmware is suitable for my model, but I can’t find any explanation about it.
I live in Ukraine. And I want to remind that my camera was working for one day. Then it suddenly loose WiFi connection and didn’t work from that time…

1 Like

Greetings from the UK :slightly_smiling_face:

It would suggest something went wrong with it. Did you notice it do anything in the day it was working.

And that is such a cute looking camera. It looks like a teddy bear :slight_smile: awwww it just wants a hug maybe

@YorkshireUser It’s really cute. We even named it as “Baby Yoda” :rofl:
Now the only thing we want to make it work :sleepy:
I notice nothing when It stop working ((
I hope really that it is firmware problem and may be it is a way to fix it.
Otherwise I saw some information on different forums that smth break inside it.
So thats why I’d like to hear exact answer from official support!

1 Like

Baby Yoda what a cute name :slight_smile: if something hardware failed I hope they can arrange a replacement. May the Force Be With You.

I’m sure and hope YI Support come through for you and get you a new working Baby Yoda 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got the same two cameras as you - bought the same way (aliexpress official YI).
One that stop worked and two unpacked. I’m affraid that second camera won’t work too.
What about warranty?

1 Like

@Martini26 I know nothing about warranty in such cases. I just want somebody explaine us the situation…

You are right.
They still wrote about 5GHz but I tested camera only in 2,4 wifi networks so…?!

1 Like

Categories