Push notifications intermittently not working

This is very strange. Ok going to bring in @Steven_Kami it may need advice from Yi technical support.

Hey @DOc.24 I wanted to double check, did you try updating the firmware for the camera, then reformatting the SD card?

The firmware version you have listed is outdated.

Let us know. We may need to escalate this to our support team.

Hope everyones having a good day

Hi Steven,

according to this site -> https://www2.yitechnology.com/firmware/index I have the right firmware for my camera, Kami Outdoor camera have newer firmware, but not my.

It looks like it is problem of ā€œArea detection zoneā€ (itā€™s OFF) in ā€œSmart detectionā€ because I have right now just ā€œMotionā€ ON and notifications and recording works.
But thanks for all advices.

@DOc.24 also give this page a look https://kamihome.com/support/firmware_home/id/1.html

Keep us posted on how things turn out. And, have a great evening!

Hi,
I have 3 camera ā€¦ using yihome app ā€¦ notifications of motion detection not showing on my iPhone and the app does not show notifications option in iPhone setting.
Please help ā€¦

Hey @Ankies85 Welcome to the community! We are glad youā€™ve stopped by but sorry to hear youā€™re having notification issues.

Can you please check your wifi connection?
Please review your notification settings in your phone.
Please update your app and firmware to the most current version.

Review your motion detection settings in your app.

If this does not clear up the notifications not being delivered, please let me know and I will escalate this internally with our team to find out more.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding. We greatly appreciate your support.

Iā€™m having issues with my Yi Outdoor Camera. It was working fine, but this morning I noticed that I didnā€™t receive any push notifications on my iPhone. But the camera is still recording motion and person detections it is just the app is not giving me any alerts. What happened? Please fix this issue asap. Receiving alerts on our phones are very important

This occasionally happens. Why is unknown. But give it a few hours to maybe a couple of days and the alerts will return. Itā€™s happened to me on a number of occasions.

1 Like

Do I have to reset my camera? Or Iā€™ll just wait for it to come back to normal?

Just wait it should come back. I realise itā€™s frustrating.

Still not receiving alerts on my phones, iPad, and PC. I also tried downloading Kami app on my phone but it is also useless, it is not sending push alerts too. I hope someone from Yi / Kami will notice my problem with the Yi Outdoor Camera :frowning:

Hey @piaevangelista thanks for coming to the community forum for more information. This is the only report of notifications not going through, and we do believe this to be something that will straighten itself out. No need to delete and add back any cameras. Make sure your app & firmware are up to date and lets check back in tomorrow to see where this is at. All alerts & detections are still saved within your app.

If this doesnā€™t resolve by tomorrow, we can go from there. However, I do feel this is local issue that will resolve. Your patience is appreciated.

My Kami Mini is pushing fine to my iPhone SE with latest OS.

Is it possible the Appā€™s separate notification settings are turned off?

Hi @Steven_Kami. According to my Yi Outdoor Cameraā€™s firmware, it says the firmware is current version. My iPhoneā€™s apps and iOS are also up to date, as well as my iPad. Iā€™ll give update tomorrow if the problem has been resolved. Thanks!

Notification for Yi Home App on my phone is turned on. I never changed the setting since the first time I used the app.

Because the issue is on multiple devices - Like I have experienced - it is highly unlikely that the issue is at your end.

As I say this does seem to happen from time to time for some customers. They will return, or have for everyone else who has ever reported this issue.

Itā€™s annoying but the cameras are still recording so do not do anything. Donā€™t change a thing.

Hi @Steven_Kami. Still no notifications going through. Itā€™s been 4 days now.

Can you go into your camera settings and then select ā€œCamera Nameā€ and send us your Device ID #? We can do a little more digging to see if there are any issues on the device

Here is the device ID number: IFUSY59XMVAEUA201221

1 Like

Thanks @piaevangelista I will share this with our team for a deeper dive. Unfortunately, I probably wonā€™t have any firm info until Monday. I will try and get some info today but we really appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved.

Categories