Not able to view longer history on my SD card

I agree the flexibility of the previous app was better. The full screen time bar is something which is a defect and they are investigating that.

Maybe some customers are not tapping on the SD card symbol because it defaults to the cloud alerts.

I think they realise there are improvements that can be made and constructive feedback helps. I believe though that for an app to work you shouldn’t really need a huge user guide to function with it. It should be intuitive. I have tested ip cameras from many brands over the years and if the app was poor I simply discarded it and moved on.

I hope that since the Previous app still works and that that is allowing Seven days of cloud alerts that it is more of a defect of design for the new app rather than the new way it is.

But these are just my thoughts

Sounds like everyone is loving the new update. Best post your reviews on Amazon etc just to be sure yi/kami now how well they are doing.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you are still suffering (being gagged) for what is only your honest opinion and advice.

Last year they pulled the update after complaints…… This year however, as it has been a good week since the latest release I’m now not so sure.
If they keep this update with ‘minor’ tweaks that still point me away from the SD Card I doubt I’ll carry on using their products.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should get too worried about the sovereignty of the data being stored. I suspect Yi due to the user agreement we all said yes to can do whatever they like with our data. Indeed as they have wifi passwords to all our home networks they can pretty much do whatever they want in anycase. This is more about a new app that now makes it difficult to view previous days recordings for non cloud subscribers using SD cards. Also when viewing previous days recordings there is no dates on the timeline - just a clock timeline making it almost impossible, so you can’t tell what day the video is from. Finally the camera isn’t viewable in Landscape anymore which was useful when looking at footage. This is compounded by Yi not telling us what is going on…

3 Likes

Yes, the very fact we are not hearing anything further nor any movement in updates does not look good for SD Card users.
I used to admire Yi Technology and recommended many a friend/business to their products. Have to say this recommendation has rapidly diminished to nigh on zero.

3 Likes

Why can’t Amazon or Apple or AliExpress who sell all the cameras not get involved not listening to us
shireking

Because to a retailer the manufacturer’s done nothing wrong. Other IP camera manufacturers have done similar. Ycam in the UK to the worst one then more revelry Ring and Blink have significantly changed the product (service) offering.

Who is going to buy them do you think Amazon will sell any I can see so many people returning them I would if I could I have 7 was looking to get some more not now
shireking

Making appointment with trading standards to see what they have to say

Good old Amazon eh? They bought Ring then Blink then substantially changed the product offerring for both. Small fry this from Yi in relation to Amazon Inc. All companies do it. The best camera system is a local one with NAS recording and NAS system which allows remote access. I have consulted on many of these types of installs against cheap off the self $40 cameras.

That of course is an option but based on the terms and conditions Yi has done nothing legally wrong.

1 Like

Have TAPO cameras as well having to rearrange them until this is fixed

TP link do some good stuff.

We have NOT removed the ability to use an SD card. Or limit the number of days you can store footage on an SD card. There is a bug that is being worked out that affects playback. We know we changed a lot about the app. Mostly, to make it easier to use. Unfortunately, as with any new big release, they are bugs. We are working them out and you have ALL the same functionality as you did prior, unless you are not using an SD card or cloud. Thats where the big difference is. People using neither. And, as you are SD card users on this thread, you are not affected.

Any ones post that is deleted is deleted for a reason. Be kind on the forum.

1 Like

“easier to use”. that’s funny. take away the “bugs” and its not easier. since it’s taking time to squash these “bugs”, how about yall rollback the update, seems that will be quicker than calling the exterminator

2 Likes

@Steven_Kami All i saw in that post was negative criticism against a failed update with many UI bugs that were so obvious that i cannot believe they were not visible when undergoing testing.

It also did not warrant the whole topic being removed

A sensible approach would of been to rollback the update until the obvious bugs were fixed.

After reading numerous topics i do question where this new UI features came from as the old layout was absolutely fine for me and i see no new requests for it to be updated .

I expect small bugs in any new release…i do not expect huge crippling bugs like these to get through any sort of basic testing.

As a SD card user only you say i have not lost any functionality? I have to disagree, I have lost the quick and simple UI, I have lost the method of selecting a date instantly, the SD card icon sometimes never shows and i have to back out the app and back in again.

This update was poorly implemented so expect negative criticism from customers

7 Likes

Totally agree with everything that you have said
shireking

2 Likes

You know, it’s obvious that the non-cloud users are the ones being vexed here and are NOT likely to buy the cloud service in any case. Why not just provide the old app version as a download so we can install it and get our service back to where we are happy (pre-Kami button and all).

2 Likes

Its stated that once the bugs are resolved SD card users will have the same functionality as before. Can Kami confirm that means 7 days of 6 second motion alerts on the activity pages and a direct link to then view more than 6 seconds of footage from the SD card?

1 Like

They’ve already stated through their rep here that the ‘functionality’ will be the same - that isn’t the same as identical. This new app is a fundamental interface screw up and everyone here that isn’t on their payroll has said so.

2 Likes

Categories