Multi-View No Subscription

I am a new member today. But have been supporting this company for 19 months. I currently have 7 home cameras and 2 dash cams. I choose this company has I didn’t want or intend to pay for a cloud service. My experience over this time has been very good with the cameras, App and customer service until this point. I would like to know if there is any intention to allow viewing multiscreen without subscription. If the answer is no unfortunately I would need to re-evaluate my choices for future acquisitions.

Is anyone there to officially answer please

Hi @Willow, welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind words. I’m glad you’re having a good experience with the products.

Regarding the new multi-cam view, you are correct, at this stage the in-app feature is only available for YI and Kami Home subscription plan holders. Everyone can see a multi-cam view in the PC Windows or Mac desktop applications at no extra cost.

Thanks for your reply. Yes the cameras are excellent. However I do not have a desk top PC. When you consider the out lay I have made, as well as plenty of others I imagine, it does seem I am at a disadvantage for now. Please escalate this issue to whom it needs to go too.

I definitely understand where you’re coming from. And I appreciate you taking the time to sign up and share your thoughts about this. The product team has seen and discussed your feedback and I will be sure to let you know if anything changes regarding the multi-cam view.

Hi do you have any updates on this issue please?

Any update? Please respond

Hi Willow, for now the Multicam view will be staying a cloud subscriber only feature. Our cheapest plan is $40 a year, and that would get you access to the feature.

Thanks Mark. I have six camera’s all with SD cards and am only really interested in the multi-view option would the $40 option be workable in this situation?

@Willow the $40 plan only works with one camera. But I believe it would still give you access to multicam view.

Thanks, can you assure me this would work before I consider paying please.

Just confirmed with our product team. Even if you have the single camera $40 per year plan you will have the multi-cam view available.

Great I’m going to do it, but on your App I cannot see that price/option am I looking in the wrong place?

Hey @Willow you can purchase the $40 plan from our website. One thing to take into consideration, plans purchased from the website do not automatically renew (which I don’t think is a bad thing).

https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-cloud/

Here is a thread that walks through how to add a cloud subscription code purchased from the website.

Doing now thanks for your great help.

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

All set up and working fine

Great to hear! Very happy I could help. Have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Categories