Kami Doorbell - Power Options

I appreciate the offer of a new door chime that is compatible with the Kami Doorbell Camera. However, I am hearing impaired and did quite a bit of research to find a door chime with adjustable volume and the Heath Zenith Electronic Door chime has been perfect for my needs. I have returned the Kami Doorbell Camera to Amazon and have reinstalled my normal doorbell button and am using the Yi Home camera in the same area to track anyone who comes to the door.

Hi @bthoma I understand how important having a quality chime that has specific benefits to your needs. Thank you for your feedback in regards to why you need a specific chime and we respect your decision to return the product.

Hey @bthoma Did you see our response in regards to the rear switch being disconnected? Just wanted to double check and see if this is something you tried.

I sent a photo showing where the rear switch needed to be disconnected

I too am having trouble keeping my Kami doorbell camera online. It’s connected to the old doorbell wiring, which is producing 16v. When I ring the doorbell it comes back online. It will stay online for maybe 15-hrs or so. I am using a mechanical chime also. Any help would be much appreciated.

hey @moonhacker - thanks for commenting on the thread. We have couple of questions for you.

How close is it to your router?
Are you running 2.4ghz or 5ghz?
How many walls in-between the router and device?
What is the outer wall made of?

Thanks for your patience and understanding. These questions will help our technical team immensely.

I am also going to send you a direct message about this. Please check your forum inbox and lets continue this conversation :slight_smile:

Thanks for your assistance

It’s approximately 20’ from my router.
It’s running on 5ghz.
There is 1 drywall wall and 1brick and plaster wall (outer wall) between router and device.

When I initially installed the device I didn’t install the Kami chime, as I thought the instructions said it was optional. It would only stay online for about 15 minutes. After watching the instruction video I installed the Kami chime and it would stay on longer, about 15-hrs or so.

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify - you are using the chime connector provided?

Yes, I am using the Kami chime connector that was provided.

@moonhacker thanks for the info. I sent you a direct message in forum inbox. Did you see that?

I can confirm I am having same issues as lot of other users. I have ordered Kami Doobell few weeks ago, got it last week and today I installed it. I have mechanical chime. I followed all instructions exactly as specified in manual. The camera will go offline and will not wake up until I ring the doorbell. Same exact issue as @cramblda. There is something seriously wrong here either with firmware or something else. The camera needs to be powered 24/7, I cannot have camera running on battery, thats ridicolous.

Hey @apky Thanks for coming to the community. I am sorry to learn to that you are experiencing similar power issues as others on this forum thread.

I am going to send you a direct message so we can gather more information and figure out what the best next steps are so we can have this resolved for you as quickly as possible. I am so sorry for any inconvenience as a result of the power/offline issue you’ve experienced.

Please check your forum message inbox for my direct message. I hope you’re having a good weekend. Thanks for all your assistance.

@Steven_Kami. It seems some of my replies are being removed. I have already stated that this issue is exact same issue as what other users have been experiencing here. Camera goes to sleep mode after 15-20 minute if hardwired to chime. If I turn off power or disconnect the wiring it works fine. I tried your latest firmware (downloaded it tonight) and while it worked slightly longer it still does not work after 30 minutes and goes to sleep mode again. This leads me to believe its the issue with buggy firmware. Maybe something related to mechanical chime voltage or type. I also noticed that “Status Light” option does not do anything. It does NOT illuminate the door bell so at night people can see what to press. I have been using Yi/Kami for more then 3 years and never had issues till now with this doorbell device. One outdoor camera I had stopped working for some reason, but that was it. I have over 15 devices in total. This issue with doorbell needs to be fixed in firmware and update released or some other solution offered. Also it would be good to actually illuminate the doorbell at night time (circle around where you press to ring) so people are not pressing on the camera by mistake (that happened to some people). Thank you.

Hey @apky I want to apologize for any inconvenience as a result of the issues you are experiencing. We have been messaging back and forth directly on the forum and I ask that you please check your inbox for more information on what our next steps will be to resolve this issue for you.

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. We are continually testing and releasing new firmware to address the issue.

I hope youre having a great week. I will continue to message you directly so we can better assist your needs.

Hello,

I also have similar problem that the kami doorbell loses wifi connection and power after several minutes. when I press on button, it will wake up temporarily. In addition, i have not been able to update the firmware since it will crash midway when downloading to 57 out of 100. I have a mechanial doorbell and i have followed all the instructions as seen on the video and the manual. It appears that I have similar issues that others have posted. If a resolution has not been found, I would like to return it for a refund.

Hey @truecarlh thanks for coming to the community for more information. I am sorry to hear you’re experiencing issue that’s also been reported by others on this thread.

Our team are currently working very hard to release the firmware update that will resolve any issues that have been reported. Please know we are very close. I will post a update on this thread tomorrow when I know more information on timeline for release. If you have any concerns please send me a direct message via the forum and we will do whatever can to alleviate them. If your hardware is damaged as a result of multiple installation temps, please also send me a message.

The entire Kami team appreciates every ones patience and assistance working towards a resolution. The firmware is coming. I will be in touch tomorrow with an update.

• Steven
1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Kami Doorbell - Power Options:

@Steven_Kami

I tried to direct message you, but it said you r account was unable to receive personal messages.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have made multiple attempts to trouble shoot the power and wifi issue. I have several yi home cameras. Infact, I have 7 running at this time. I would like a new camera if possible since I have taken uninstalled this camera several times. Also, for whatever reason, I cannot update the firmware. Thanks

J

Thanks for the info @truecarlh let me check my settings and get back to you

Hello All! I know you all have been patiently waiting for the release of the new firmware for the Doorbell Camera.

It is in the final stages of testing now and will be ready for OTA transmission very, very soon. We are shooting for the next day or two. Thank you all for working with us.

I will be in touch with more information as soon as I have it.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day and start to their week.

-Steven

Hello Community Forum!

The doorbell firmware is very close to being released with a complete fix for the connectivity challenges that a number of you have reported. It’s going to be awesome! Our team has been eating, sleeping, dreaming Doorbell and wiring hard to make sure this new update addresses all concerns. Thank you all for your feedback along the way. We couldnt make these improvements without you.

Before we release the new firmware, we must do thorough testing ensuring the best outcome for our users. I I’m very happy to day we are in the final stages, so get ready!

I’ll be in touch tomorrow with another update :wink:

Please let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

@truecarlh @apky @moonhacker @IndyDog @bthoma @cramblda @kabib0831

We are proud to announce that the firmware update fixing any offline issues that have been experienced and reported on this forum thread have been resolved :slight_smile:

Software Updates
As of March 15, 2021, Kami has pushed the following updates:

• Improvements to in-app physical installation guide
  • AC mode reliability improvements
  • Pre-recorded response support
  • Additional bug fixes

IMPORTANT: Please charge your battery to at least 3 bars before updating your firmware. Repairing will be required for some users.

Please keep us posted to any thing that comes up. We will address is right away.

Thank you all for your incredible patience! We could not have made these improvements with out the dedication of the forum community. We are incredibly lucky to have you as community members

Categories