is there anyway to have playback from camera if there is no cloud ?

i wonder, maybe the camera is recording to the cloud but u only able to access it if u pay
why?
i have vital movies to take but did not set cloud storage

if i setup the cloudstorage now maybe there is a way to get it back?

1 Like

Hello. There is no way to get back any camera footage not already recorded.

If you choose to sign up to premium cloud your recordings will start from then with no cool down between detections.

If you stay as you are you will receive free six second alerts with the cool down in detections. If you device supports it you could consider using a supported class SD card. The free cloud with cool down remains - but you can record all footage or just motion detection activity to the local storage.

io non ho capito. nella mia app ho decine di video di sei secondi dov’è stato rilevato qualcosa o qualcuno ma non me li apre. mi dice di attivare un account premium. E’ normale??

Just buy a micro SD card. Then set to 24/7. You can then playback long periods and record shorter clips as you see fit. Agree that you won’t ever see what wasn’t already recorded.

Well, they took away the ability to record short clips from the SD Card in a recent update. Yi told me that to make a video clip I now I have to climb up on the ladder outside and get the SD Card out of the camera, then put it in my PC. Nice.

1 Like

I got a mail today saying they were no longer doing the 6 second clips? Is that the end of SD recording?

1 Like

Hi bpascua,
No it’s supposed it’s not the end of the SD but at least with YI/Kami, it’s the last time I buy something from them. I also bought one camera and they didn’t advice we would have to pay the cloud service. I bought an SD card to avoid recurrent montly cost. After 6 months, YI upgraded the camera automatically and everything changed. SD is no longer available for alerts or other service. If you want to get alerts in real time, you have to pay cloud service. It’s a complete fraud.
I needed to buy 4 more cameras this month during black Friday and I decided to buy Blink. I have one for more than 4 years and I’ve never had to pay extra costs.
More over, this morning I have received an email from Kami informing that due to a problem with my email (don’t know what they mean) the offer a 60% of discount for cloud subscription. Incredible, as they see I don’t pay initial amount as they wanted, they try to take my money with discounts.
Kami / YI staff, let’s see if you understand: I was fooled once by you, but don’t think that I am so dumb as to be fooled twice by the same fraudulent service. I don’t want to pay anything else to you. I bought my SD card to avoid that. Don’t try anymore with 10%, 20% and today 60% of discount. I’m not gonna pay anymore.

1 Like

it’s the last time I buy something from them. I also bought one camera and they didn’t advice we would have to pay the cloud service. I bought an SD card to avoid recurrent montly cost. After 6 months, YI upgraded the camera automatically and everything changed. SD is no longer available for alerts or other service. If you want to get alerts in real time, you have to pay cloud service. It’s a complete fraud.
I needed to buy 4 more cameras this month during black Friday and I decided to buy Blink. I have one for more than 4 years and I’ve never had to pay extra costs.
More over, this morning I have received an email from Kami informing that due to a problem with my email (don’t know what they mean) the offer a 60% of discount for cloud subscription. Incredible, as they see I don’t pay initial amount as they wanted, they try to take my money with discounts.
Kami / YI staff, let’s see if you understand: I was fooled once by you, but don’t think that I am so dumb as to be fooled twice by the same fraudulent service. I don’t want to pay anything else to you. I bought my SD card to avoid that. Don’t try anymore with 10%, 20% and today 60% of discount. I’m not gonna pay anymore.

2 Likes

I wish I had joined the community before buying the camera - I have unfortunately discovered the SD card is useless. What camera/software works best with NO CLOUD SERVICE? Any suggestions?

1 Like

G’day BBQ Dan, Ditto. I don’t have a solution yet, but I concur with you. These bastards are fraudulent and are ripping people off with their huge subscription fee to make their cameras fully useful in recording in a convenient and affordable way. We purchased four cameras to cover various entry points.We paid an electrician $400 to hardwire in the bayonets, plus another $377 for the cameras including delivery. Now a $135 per year for the cloud service. But wait have I been too hasty in judging them? Even if I could mess with their cameras and send the data to a dedicated computer and had the software to write to a hard disk and overwrite it before it was full. The cost of electricity to run the computer 24 hours a day for a year would be 0.185 Kw x 24 x 365 x $0.20= $324. So perhaps I will run with their cloud service at $135 per year with the added security of remote backup. What are your thoughts? Phil

Apparently I can no longer view motion alerts I can only use the SD card slider. What happened why is my Yi cam no longer working. It worked the last few years

I think they are removing features like this by updating the software on the cameras. This motivates people to use their cloud subscription service and thus increase their revenue.

Usually commercial camera always use cloud because are more scalable and maintenance it is more easy. Professional -made to measure- cams can work without apps or internet access, but you have to make all the configuration alone. It is like banks, they lock-in you so they can rule the law.

Yes I have the same issue. However I can see the motion alerts when I am home but when I am not on the local network the image shows as follows

What I am not clear is is this by design?

I still have the ability to record clips on IOS.

Yes - I did too for about 48 hours a couple weeks ago but then it was turned off again. I think an update uplocked it from behind the subscription pay wall and when they discovered it, they closed it back up because mine is back to “feature not available yet”. I wonder if we are talking about the same thing though. I can download 6sec alert clips but I can no longer record anything from playback. That’s what we used before to record from playback and send to our local police while on vacation when our TV turned on by itself one night. Now, I have to use my IOS screen recording to get a playback recording to share with law enforcement if I need to. That means cropping the Video as well because you have to start the recording on the phone then find the part you want to record and play it. Just need the actual issue for police and not me opening a camera and finding the issue first.

It always worked from day one when we first purchased the cameras (because they were SD only which is what we wanted) but over time, it was put behind the subscription only paywall. We were told that would never happen - but I’m sure those first techs who told us that are long gone because then Yi also became known as Kami and all our free features slowly went to pay only.

I totaly agree with you…totally they misuse customers by fraud…they are untrastable company…this will be the last time in my life with this company if they dont try to change their policy of frauds…i will not recomened differen brands of this company to any one…they usually change thier brand names so soon to mislead users to purchase …they lnow that thier brands are garbage …not in hardware…but by frauds in mobile applications that work on those camera…

1 Like

Dont waste your money with this untrustable company…even if you participated in thier clouds…you never predict what other frauds they use…like gumbling…always they try make you bring more money out from your pocket

1 Like

I will never buy their products again, bought the cameras for the ability to record 24/7 on the SD card, only for them to remove the option from the camera making them useless.

Just checked my YI Camera and it still shows recordings from the last 6 days on sd card not the best of cameras would have liked time stamp on recording had to get different make for that
shireking

Categories