iOS app problems

Hey @rayxx I found out that this is still apart of the current app :slight_smile: If you tap on the live screen view, in the upper right corner will be your battery life. If the battery is low to the point where it is close to losing power, then the battery life bar will be shown without having to tap the live view screen.

If this is not the case for you, please let me know.

Is anything being done about the disappearing history issue since the recent update and fix???
I have 2 cameras. Both using SD Cards. Tne outside camera that is working just fine and one Dome 1080p indoor camera that can not view history on.

I have:
Reformatted both SD Cards
Deleted both cameras from the app
Unplugged both cameras
Logged out of the ios phone app
Deleted the app
Downloaded the app again
Paired the cameras back to the app
All works well until MIDNIGHT of the night I reset everything. That’s when the Dome 1080 p loses it’s history while the outdoor camera history is till working as it should.

We have checked on our desktop computer (using the desktop app) and the history IS there for the Dome 1080p but is not accessible on my ios iphone app. Why it’s one camera and not both is odd but does say it’s a model specific issue???

We’d like to be able to scroll back in the history on this camera. I have not seen any mention of this being a known issue other than a couple people on this post are having the same issue. I have not found a work around and I am really hoping this is being addressed in an upcoming “fix” update.

Hey @Toobusy This is a known issue. We do apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Our team is currently recreating this issue and testing solutions. It is a priority and will be fixed in an upcoming release. As soon as I know more, we will let the forum know.

1 Like

hello, there is a problem with the ios applications, it keeps crashing in iphone se 2020 64gb, it dont pull data (service cloud) and alerts (ios and android), both methods (sharing camera with a family member and logging in as the administrator of the cameras, trying on the same phone. in the case of the alerts, show the push notification, but when you go two alerts on the app, its empty…

I think I am having similar issues on my YI initial install. Says network timed out.

@Steven_Kami ~ I notice today there was an update that mentioned fixing Autorotate….
If this has supposed to address the issue I reported 12 days ago Steven then all I can say is NO.
The screen STILL rotates the wrong way when you turn your iPad to compensate the error.
You end up chasing the full screen orientation as you turn again and again to correct the issue.
Please ask the Devs to look into this as it is making using the App on larger iPads frustrating…. Thanks.

Ah yes , it used to appear on live screen but if you tap yes it now appears… great thanks

one other thing (and i think others have mentioned) , sometimes there is a delay to access the live screen when accessing the cameras… assume this is something that will be addressed in the next rollout?

Hey @Beards The autorotate is for mobile device. You no longer have to tap the fullscreen button when in mobile. You can simply rotate your phone and it will go into full screen mode. I just tested and it works great. if you are referring to iPad rotation issue, this will be addressed in an upcoming release and will directly mention iPad. I expect this to be out in the next couple of days.

Hey @Npfeiffer Thanks for coming to the forum for more info. I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you connected to wifi when you have the network time out? Or this when using cellphone data?

Yep same here no landscape mode

Working on that now for iPad! When it is resolved, I will be sure to communicate this info to the forum. Thanks for your patience and support!

Hi,
I’m confused are the issues with the app fixed?

I’ve installed the last update and my iPhone 12 mini is running the latest software but I can’t get the Yi app to load anything

I’m running 12, everything is fine, so if you’ve updated your app, something else is amiss

2 Likes

What is your camera model?

Hi It’s model number YHS113IR

Hi,
I’m also having issues running the app on my iPhone 11 Pro (currently with iOS 15.0.2) and iPad (currently with iOS 15.0.1). It was fine until Tuesday and now won’t load.
Ours is a Baby Kami Monitor
Thanks!

Hey @Hayleythepanda @Jonathon88 Can you do me a favor? Please download the Kami Home app, login in with your Yi Home app credentials and see if the feed will load.

Let me know how it goes

Hi,

Just tried the Kami app and it won’t let me log in.

Has anything changed with your internet settings?

Make sure your phone isn’t using 5g
Make sure your wifi router is on 2.4g
Restart the app and try again.
The messages you are lending more towards a network connection issue.
What is your Uk internet provider?

Do any other sites or internet of things devices give issues? If you have a gaming console how does that work?

Some british ISP routers and DNS settings can be a little flakey.

You could try rebooting the router leaving it off five minutes then turning it back on - see if that improves anything. Also if you have any fibre optic patch panel or a little termination box turn that off at the same time.

You could also try logging into your Routers config page and updating the DNS (make a note of the current settings before adding custom settings).

I’d recommend the public google ones information on those are at https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

To change the settings your ISP should have online information to get into the config settings via its IP address.

For purposes of a test see if the router will allow you to disable the 5gz band.

I haven’t read but how does the phone connect to Yi via mobile data?

Categories