iOS app problems

Yi is looking into making improvements as per @Steven_Kami comments on multiple threads.

1 Like

Can’t come soon enough hope it goes back to normal
shirking

Hey @Esther215 let me send you a direct message to see what we can do to help you out.

All - I have been informed we will be thoroughly testing the new release tomorrow with a scheduled release planned for early next week to address the bugs and missing features that have been reported by multiple forum members. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your support. This has been frustrating for all and we will work to do better for future releases. Though this hasn’t been an ideal release, it has given us the opportunity to implement some changes that will greatly improve future release roll outs. We promise, we are only trying to improve the overall experience and make things simpler to use. Once we get the SD card issue situated, I am sure you will take to the new app interface.

5 Likes

Waiting in anticipation

Been much improved over the last 36 hours, hasn’t dropped camera live at all. Fingers crossed, appreciate your efforts, we get impatient because it’s almost like having a front door without a lock when the cctv is down!

1 Like

Deleted app reinstalled new app see no improvement whatsoever just bring the old app back. FIX IT FIX IT. FIX IT
shireking

It’s coming Yi is working on improvements. As per the US support team comment early next week.

Deleting that app and reinstalling at this point will do nothing. Please wait until the beginning of next week. We will announce the new release and put out documentation to answer any questions.

1 Like

Hey completely understand - this was not an ideal release. Learned a lot though on what not to do :slight_smile: early next week for the next round. Thank you for your incredible patience.

3 Likes

NEW UPDATE IS WORKING AT LAST AND WORKING
shireking

new update is out of iOS and bugs, missing features are all addressed. thank you all for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

Great all working much improved :+1:t3:

I found out turning the cameras off and back on solve some of the problems ie no video recorded to cameras today hope this helps
shrieking

Excellent! Back to being the awesome camera/system that it was before….

Note to developers “Leave it alone now PLEASE!”

1 Like

Many thanks…… Great to see the SD features working. :+1:

One request though if I may:-
As we now have a ‘White and bright green’ scroll selector and white activity underneath; if I may make a recommendation:- Could you ask the developers to look into allowing the App to make use of “Night Mode”…. This will then make viewing the App at night softer… At the moment the bright white and green is too bright for night viewing…. Thanks.

1 Like

Thats a great suggestion! I will bring this up with our team. We do our best to accommodate all request in our efforts to improve your app experience. Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear things are back to normal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am I missing something, mine is exactly the same as far as I can see, no times on the video, only saves small pictures so if I zoom in definition goes. Used to save photos to my phone’s album now have to find them in settings. Defaults to cloud everytime 🤷

I loaded the latest update for ios last night and it is worse than before.
The full screen mode is unusable now.
When you go to full screen the “window” or picture is rotated 90 degrees in respect to the orientation of the device, ipad in my case. Turn the ipad from “landscape” view to “portrait” view and the picture rotates also and remains sideways.

I updated my app last night and i can’t access my playback form my SD Cards on all 4 of my cameras. The message I get is “no video recorded to SS card on today”, deleted the app and downloaded it again still the same. My wife did not updated her app to the two most recent updates and hers are still working fine.

Categories