** FIXED ** ANDROID APP SD CARD PLAYBACK | SD card playback not working

@Steven_Kami what do you mean with “If anyone is interested in upgrading their camera models”? Firmware cannot be upgraded, so you mean buying new ones?

Hey @Emili let me send you a quick message to go over this a little more detail.

2 Likes

I am wondering this as well.

1 Like

Hello Forum! Thank you all so much for your patience. We are currently working to resolve the playback issue reported by a few forum members. We expect an app update within the next 24 hrs.

We have not removed this feature. It appears that some older operating systems had troubles with our recent app update and we will release a fix shortly.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Hope all are having a lovely day!

3 Likes

Hello Steven,

any news about the new version which solves this bug? I see on Google Play there is still the 03/22 version which has the same problem…

1 Like

Hey there @Emili @Sportcat just saw another helpful tip on another thread:

Give this a shot:

• Disable Motion tracking under Smart Detect Settings
  • Disable Activity Detection Recording
  • Go to Micro SD card and format it (this forces the camera to reboot) now it’s back to recording continuously.

Hope that helps. And let us know how it goes!

That is not the issue emili and I are having. That doesn’t fix the time line issue.

Is your issue the one with the first generation (older cameras) and the timeline missing or not able to access?

I think the other posting on this thread confused matters somewhat as that is totally different to the original issue on this thread.

yes, @Sportcat issue in iOS is not the same problem as we have in android with the timeline.

1 Like

Hello ! @Emili @Sportcat

Happy to announce we have released a fix for this bug in our most recent app update!

Please update your app to the most current version and test your playback on your phone. If there are any lingering issues report them on this thread.

thank you all for your help! Your assistance allows us to quickly identify and resolve any bugs that may come up.

2 Likes

Hello @Steven_Kami.
The android application is not updated ln Google play since 22/03.
I think there is a confussion in this thread because @sportcat has talked about an issue on iOS, but my problem is not the same.
The timeline wich does not appear when you click on the live stream on android on old cameras is the original subject of this thread. This not resolved yet in the app from 22/03 present in Google play store.

1 Like

Will the mods please start a new thread with iOS in the title?

Yes I have started one, when I performed housekeeping on this thread. The issue experienced with iOS is very different to the issue reported with Android.

Please keep to the following thread for your concern with iOS. Thanks.

https://forum.yitechnology.com/t/ios-app-alert-function-alert-playing-complete-clip-issue-clip-does-not-play-when-pressed/5753/2

1 Like

Sorry but I am a bit tired of explaining the problem. So I will resume:

Android Yi Home app later than 4.80.5 with cameras Yi 1080P with fw version 2.1.1_20171024151200 can not play the timeline from SD.

If this can not be solved, please tell us, and we will throw away this cams and buy new ones, Yi or another brand.

Regards.

2 Likes

Not sure if this person had the same issue like you are experiencing

No Timeline on YI 1080p Home Camera 2

But it reads very similar. He appears to have got the issue back working. Might be worth reading what he has done to get the timeline feature working and see if that works for you.

Well I forgot to write today’s update Description was “1. Fixed issue with H21 SD Card Timeline”

Don’t throw the cam away :grinning: It’s a good one :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @angelo_lopes! He is correct. We have released an update to fix this playback issue.

Please update your app and try again! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The app update from 4/5 that was just added to the play store does in fact fix this issue. Thank you for all the hard work everyone.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update at buddy! Glad to see all is straightened out.

And thanks for your patience. Our team does a really great job on resolving bugs, and the forum does a great job on helping us find those bugs before they become bigger issues!

Many thanks for your support

I see there is an update for the android app and I can confirm the bug is fixed for me too!
Thanks you very much for your patience and support. Mine was already gone just yesterday, but now is fixed :wink:

Categories