** FIXED ** ANDROID APP SD CARD PLAYBACK | SD card playback not working

I’m confused what won’t be fixed? SD playback is functioning for me.

What exactly are you experiencing. What platform what devices, what cameras.

1 Like

It’s the original cameras on Android app

So is support saying they are end of life and no longer operational? If so have they said what changed to make it this way and the reason why?

Are all the customers impacted by this on Android?

Support isn’t really saying anything regarding EOL. But product can still be bought so don’t think that is the issue. iPhone app still works fine with those original cameras. Just the latest play store update affects the playback. Rolling back the app also corrects the issue

It is strange why Yi would effectively ‘break’ the product then. It would be good to see if anyone else on Android is not facing the same issue with the camera.

1 Like

Hello Community. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This issue is not widespread and only a small number of people have been affected.

There is nothing being EOL. We apologize if there was any confusion there.

Please make sure your app is up to date. Your firmware is up to date. Your wifi connection is strong. Your SD cards on configured correctly.

@Emili Are you sure this is the correct ticket number? 515477?

@buddy426 Can you please send us screenshots of any information or error message that comes on screen?

I thank all for your patience. I hope all are having a great week.

1 Like

Yes, ticket 515477.

All you ask for (wifi, firmware, sd card) is fine and was checked. I couldn’t access the camera’s timeline with iOS or with Android app version 4.80_5 if that was the problem, and there is no problem on iOS or this old app version.

The problem starts with android versions newer than 4.80_5.

Regards.

What devices are you using and what are your operating system level for each device.

It’s strange that you mention ios. I have multiple iOS devices and working without issue. I have also tested two android devices (both Samsung) and they are working fine.

If you can be more detailed on your set up that may help to diagnose this issue for you.

I said withi iOS works FINE.

The problem is only with old yi cam with
firrnware version 2.1.1_20171024151200 and android app newer than 4.80_5.
With iOS or ipadOs ther isn’t any problem.

I have newer cams with FW 8.2.0.0A_202012041528 and have no problem on any device, iOS or android no mather what version they work fine.

I’m sure @Steven_Kami will keep on with the technical team about this issue as there must be something that isn’t quite right between the many versions of android in use.

I do know that some manufacturers retire the use of certain o/s levels for example Blink recently no longer supports iOS 10. But from what Steven said previously that is not the case here.

1 Like

It is very mind boggling, but as of now I’m just not updating my Yi app. Just fyi I keep trying the Kami app (which are basically the same) to see if the newest version fixes the issue.

Hello @Gargox Have you updated your app recently? We have released an app update that addresses playback issues with SD card.

Update your app and test SD card playback. Keep us posted.

@Steven_Kami just installed the latest Kami app and still no good with playback on the original yi cameras. All newer cameras work fine.

1 Like

I also tested the kami app, with the same results. Old cams with fw version 2.1.1_20171024151200 cannot play timeline from SD, newer with 8.2.0.0A_202012041528 work ok.

1 Like

@Emili the first firmware you listed is very old. Make sure you manually update to the newer version.

@Gargox Can you please confirm your firmware version? If it’s outdated, update it. If it’s still not working, I will escalate it with our team.

Thanks for your feedback and patience. Let me know your firmware version when you have a moment.

@Steven_Kami
This is the firmware, 2.1.1_20171024151200

Update function says it’s the latest available.

2 Likes

Yes, the old cameras cannot update to a later firware than this.

2 Likes

I am seeing the same issues with the timeline video. On Android, I can only view old video on 1 of 3 cameras. (1 first gen and 2 second gen) If I load an old version of the app it comes back. On iOS I can see the old video. I have tried Yi and Kami app. This had worked fine for almost 4 years until early this year. This is definitely an app issue since I can still see the timeline on apple and the PC application.

2 Likes

I purchased 2 gen 3 cameras and now I have timeline playback using the same SD cards I had in the originals.

Hello all! Thanks for your patience and feedback. I am going to gather more information from our team here and get back to you in regards to not seeing playback on older camera models.

As we EOL (end of life) camera models, the firmware may not support your older device.

As @ChrisKupsco pointed out, when he purchased the gen 3 cameras, timeline was available again. If anyone is interested in upgrading their camera models, please LMK. We’d be happy to work with you and get you upgraded.

As soon as I have a little more information, I will update the forum thread.

Hope all is well!

2 Likes

Categories