** FIXED ** ANDROID APP SD CARD PLAYBACK | SD card playback not working

Hey All - Thank you so much for checking in. I will be in touch today with an update.

If there are any other troubleshooting methods you’ve tried, please let me know.

I hope everyones having a great week! And, I look forward to providing an update later today.

-Steven

I have not heard any update… it has been a long time via emailing support without a resolution!.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m almost going to ask for a coupon to replace my 4 original models (which don’t work) with version 3 (which work fine on my system)

1 Like

I can confirm the problem is only in Android Yi Home app and old cameras. I have 4 cameras, two Yi 1080P and two Yi 1080p Ai+. I can playback from the SD from all 4 cameras with the iPad app, but from the Android app I cannot play the two old cameras (Yi 1080P fw version 2.1.1_20171024151200). If you push the live stream screen the time line doesn’t come up. I can play alerts saved in the SD but not the timeline.
When will we have an Android APP upgrade to solve this issue?

2 Likes

Agreed that is my findings too with the error. Only on Android, only with the old cameras.

1 Like

Downgrading the android app to 4.80.5 solved the problem. All later versions cannot play the timeline from old cameras.

1 Like

I agree i have found this as well!

How do you downgrade the Yi home app on an android? When will they fix the current version?

Anyone else find it super annoying in the US you have to talk to support only via email no phone number to call?

I have uninstalled the app, and instead of installing from Google Play I installed this version from apkpure:

https://m.apkpure.com/es/yi-home/com.ants360.yicamera.international/download/255-APK?from=versions%2Fversion

After that you must be sure to disable automatic upgrades for the app since they solve the problem in a new version.

1 Like

Thanks for all the community support! I will follow-up with all tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening!

Super Frustrated here. Support has not gotten back to me in a week now!

Any suggestions?

The problem is clearly identified: android app versions higher than 4.80.5. With 4.80.5 timeline works fine.
I reported to support but have no answer…

2 Likes

Hello @buddy426 @Emili Can you please send my your ticket numbers given to you by our support team when they contacted you?

Many thanks for your assistance.

-Steven

Hi Steven,

the supoort ticket is 515477

They told me to reboot the router, reinstall the app again, etc. But nothing about the issue with the current version, or if they are aware to patch this issue.

1 Like

510808 is my ticket number

1 Like

Thanks for providing your ticket #'s @Emili @buddy426

I’ll be in touch with more information this afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day! Thanks for your contribution to the community!

1 Like

How do I get ahold of support by phone in the US? Need to try and get answers.

Hey @buddy426 this thread is for SD cards but are you also a cloud subscriber? At this time, we only provide phone support for cloud subscription holders. We have to excellent chat and email support otherwise. Tap this link here
https://kamihome.com/contact/

No I only use SD cards. They quit replying to my email a couple weeks ago.

I got a disappointing reply from suport suggesting that maybe it will never be solved. After that, I received a mail to evaluate the satisfaction for the support case, so it seems closed.

This is the reply received:

I would be happy to relay this to our engineers for a potential future update.

While there is no guarantee that this request will be implemented, we are constantly working on new software features to enhance your experience that will be helpful for the majority of our customers.

For any further assistance needed, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Categories