Can't reset Yi home 1080p camera

Hi,
my camera is stuck with a blue light, not connected to the app, and i can’t get it to reconnect. When trying to reset, it wouldn’t do anything, no confirmation, nothing.

When trying to connect it, I don’t hear any confirmations or error messages, when pressing the reset button nothing happens either. I’m out of ideas.

Hey @Tiwi Thanks for coming to the forum. I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble reseting your camera.

You have a Yi Home 1080p, when did you purchase it?
What is the power source to the camera?
Can you feel the button being pressed when you try to reset?

Blue light is actually a positive indicator. Flashing blue light means powering on or off. Steady blue light means operating normally. If its flashing that could mean transferring data, or processing data.

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/234662887-What-does-the-different-LED-indicator-color-mean-

Can you try clearing you cache? Go to your account menu, then settings.
What is your firmware version?

We will get this figured out :slight_smile:

Hey :slight_smile: I purchased it a good while ago, probably around two years ago, in a 2-pack. The other camera is working just fine still.
I’m powering it with a standard USB adapter thingie, and it also worked fine before. At one point i reinstalled the app (Android) due to phone issues, it recognized one camera but the other one didn’t show up after logging in, which is why I want to reconnect it, which is why I’m trying to reset it.
I feel the button clicking, yes, but nothing happens. Tried clearing the app cache, but that also didn’t change anything.

Hey @Tiwi Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Have you changed regions recently?
Can you update the firmware?
Do you subscribe to our cloud services?
What app are you using? Yi Home or Kami Home?

Thanks for your patience. If we can’t get this resolved, I will escalate this with our support team.

Hello.
I did not change regions
I don’t know how to update the firmware on the camera when it won’t connect to the app
I currently did not subscribe
Using the YiHome app

Hey @Tiwi Thanks for the follow-up info. Let me send you a direct message to see what we can do to help you out.

Categories