Base station won't pair with app

I recently purchased the Kami Wire-Free Camera (Model: WK101). I was trying to set up the base station, but it won’t pair with the app. I have it directly plugged into my router (with the supplied Cat5 cable). The port is receiving data as indicated by the flashing green light. The base station has power, as indicated by the blinking light on the right. The middle indicator is solid as it should be. I continue to get the message base station not found. Please confirm network connection. My phone is connected over WiFi to the router the base station is plugged into. I submitted a ticket to customer service several days ago, but have yet to receive a reply. Any suggestions?

Hey @gdaymte Welcome to the community. Thank you for joining!

Can you uninstall your app, then, reinstall?

You’ve tried a number of troubleshooting solutions. We may need to escalate this and open a ticket with our support team.

Keep us posted.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, but the base station still won’t pair.

I am sorry to hear that. The best thing to do would be to contact our technical support team. They would be happy to help you get this resolved & if they can’t get it resolved, escalate the issue further.

Thanks for your patience & support!

@gdaymte

Have you got your support reference number please? @Steven_Kami then may be able to escalate this for you to see what is happening with your case.

1 Like

Right on @YorkshireUser!

If you can share the ticket #, ill follow up with our support team and get this moving forward.

1 Like

My Ticket # is 500777

Hey @gdaymte Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! We are currently in the process of finding a resolution. We will respond to your ticket shortly.

Did you get this sorted?

Got the same issue. Just purchased some Kami gear and both base stations I got won’t pair. Not a great start.

The base station is fully connected and I can see the the connection in the MAC address that it’s active.

Hey @B6637422553 Have you contacted our technical support team?

Please contact support@yitechnology.com. Our stellar team will be able to help troubleshoot this for you

Already did, just waiting to hear back.
Asking on here as I get the feeling they will drag out doing the basic steps, restart etc.

Thanks for getting back.

No. I kept getting the same instructions every time. It was as if they weren’t reading my previous responses. I’m returning the camera to get my money back. I’ve never had trouble with any of my other cameras.

Hey @gdaymte I am so sorry for your frustrations. I recommend contacting support@yitechnology.com. This could be a camera defect and they can begin steps to replace the camera.

I received my kit a couple of days ago. I’m having the exact same problem

1 Like

Hey @Henke thanks for commenting and welcome to our community. Please contact support@yitechnology.com. They will be able to walk you through troubleshooting.

I did and got a standard answer back that was of no help. Replied back and hoping I get some proper help otherwise I will send my camera kit back.

Hey @Henke Can you send me your ticket number? I will follow-up with support

Thanks!
The number is (505969)

I was able to fix this problem. After spending a full day trying to connect the Base Station to my regular YI Home app, I downloaded the Kami Home app (yes it is different but uses the same login as the YI Home app). Steps I followed:

1. Download the Kami Home app and login
  2. Add the Base Station using the + in the upper right corner.
  3. Go back to the YI Home app.
  4. Unplug the Base Station
  5. Install the battery for the camera
  6. Plug the Base Station in again and let it connect to your internet
  7. Push the button on top of the camera to pair
  8. Use the + in the YI Home app to add the camera.
    I was then able to connected. If you don’t unplug and replug the Base Station it won’t work. You can’t add the wireless camera to the Kami Home app (didn’t work for me).

I’m having pretty much the same problem. I’ve been trying for over a month now to get the Kami Wire Free camera to pair with the Hub. I’ve tried the above instructions with no success. As a matter of fact when I press the add (+) and choose the Wire Free camera the Kami Home App and the Yi Home App stop working and I have to start the App again. The Base station connects to the network and Internet and my phone OK, just not the camera. Have there been any upgrades for this issue?

Categories