Alert Notification Turned OFF - REPORTING THREAD

Hello Community Forum!

What a day! I unfortunately have to pin another topic to the top of the forum.

Some customers are seeing their motion detection settings being turned OFF even though you’ve set them to ON. We’re aware of the issue and are working on it urgently.

We’ve seen some success troubleshooting this by the following:

1. Delete the app from your account
  2. Reset the camera
  3. Go through the pairing process to connect your camera
  4. Test the motion detection alerts

If this does not work, please let us know. Your assistance to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

We’re really sorry to be holding you up today! Please know our teams are working hard to get everything up and running, and we will update you before the end of the day with the latest information.

Thank you so much for your patience. We will be in touch.
1 Like

I already have an update! Phew :sweat_smile:

After some internal testing, we have learned that this motion detection glitch is related to Yi Home 1080P cameras and a result of a recent firmware update.

When the firmware was update, it disabled motion detection. If you go back into your camera settings, then select the “Smart Detection” option, and re-enable Motion Detection"

If this does NOT resolve your issue, please let us know. We greatly appreciate your support and patience. Many thanks.

Hi @Steven_Kami
On my side the issue impacted both yi dome and yi outdoor so the issue is somewhere else.
Since yesterday afternoon CET it seems working better without having done anything more on my side.
Still when activating away mode and then back home mode it seems there is still a bug persisting as when checking smart detection/activity zone buttons (after switching from away mode to home mode) for the yi outdoor camera it first indicates disabled and then turn on on the screen the button by itself each time I check the settings (strange).
I had not to reset the camera or pair them again so I don’t think it’s related to the firmware of the camera (indoor or outdoor as both impacted) but more something on the server so please further check the away/home behavior.
@miru11: have you observed any improvement on your side

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @NetMs I am going to share this with our team and find out a little more information.

Any update on improvement? Still persisting in the same way as before?

Hi @Steven_Kami for the previous behavior it looks like fixed. So when I enable smart detection it doesn’t get disabled when closing the application which is good.
Could you share with us the root cause analysis to understand what triggered the initial issue and how the team fixed it (maybe some room for testing improvement).

Hey @NetMs It was the result of a firmware update. It turned OFF motion detection after the firmware update. Once toggled back on, it will stay on.

Something our team will keep in mind for future updates and to make sure this does not happen again.

This is exactly what’s happening to me also. I’m attempting to reinstall the Yi app on my android to see if it helps in some way. Every time I check the camera it shows turned off. Every camera every time all while watching the smooth stream from all 6 cameras on my PC. Then when I click on settings to check motion detection it shows on. I exit settings and all of a sudden the camera is switched to on without me doing anything. I love my cameras. Please save them. This sucks badly.

Hey @broach1804 Can you update your firmware, toggle them back on, then, they shouldn’t turn off anymore.

If you go into your “Account” menu, scroll down, you will see a firmware option. Click this and you can manually update your firmware.

Let me know how it goes.

I checked all 6 cameras and the firmware is up to date on all of them. All 6 cameras are acting up. Some will report alerts for an hour then stop. 1 camera records alerts only at night. None during the day. 2 cameras send alerts if a leaf blows all day and night. I just reset my living room dome camera and activated motion alerts. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Waving right in front of it. Nothing. I’ve reinstalled the Yi app on my android device. No change. The strangest is the camera that has no problem recording alerts at night, but nothing during the day. However the cloud stores every second of the day from that camera without missing a moment. No alerts though. To call it bizarre is an understatement. I’ve never had problems with alerts prior to this.

Hi Mark - FYI, I haven’t done any firmware updae on any of my camera to fix the problem so I guess issue was somewhere else as it got fixed on my side without doing anything.

Steve, The camera I’m having the most trouble with still keeps turning itself off when I go into the settings menu. The camera will work for 6 or so hours at night and then completely stop recording alerts by morning. The strangest thing is the cloud records 100% 24 hours per day. It’s just ignoring motion alerts. This firmware update seems to have really thrown things out of whack here.

This morning all 6 cameras are working reporting alerts! I haven’t had all 6 cameras reporting alerts in nearly a week and a half. Good work on getting things fixed up!

Edit: I spoke too soon. Not 10 minutes after I posted this notifications on 5 of 6 cameras stopped. Back to square one.

1 Like

Ah man! @broach1804 Thats frustrating. I am so sorry to hear that it was too good to be true.

A couple of questions to help point us in the right direction.

What are your camera models?
What version of the app do you have?
What version of firmware?
Are you running iOS or Android?
Are you connected to 2.4ghz or 5g?
When was the last reset attempt?

Many thanks for your patience. Your data will be super helpful.

Camera models: 5x Yi 1080p Outside Surveillance and 1 1080p indoor dome camera
App version: Yi Home version: 4.84.4_20210711
Firmware version: 4.6.0.0A_201908271549
Connected to: 2.4ghz (no option for 5g on my cameras)
Last reset attempt: 2 days ago

Today all cameras are turned to the “Off” setting when I load settings for each camera. Few alerts.

Popped in to say all of my outdoor (yi and kami) cams have this issue. For some reason motion detection had been set to off. No one in the house has touched the settings/nothing has changed on my side.

No issues with my indoor cam.

iOS, latest version.
4.7.0.1B_201908131630 (Kami) | 3.0.0.0D_201809111054 (Yi)
2.4gHz wifi
Have not reset in a long long time.

@Adam @broach1804 Just a few more questions asked by our engineering team…

When was the last time you updated your firmware?
How are you exiting the settings menu after your toggle back on motion detection? Are you going back into the Home Screen or directly closing the app from the settings menu?

Many thanks for your patience and understanding! We appreciate your help getting this resolved.

1 Like

Firmware: I’m unable to update. All firmware is current on all cameras. I’ve attempted to update them all and the response I receive is firmware is up to date.

How are you exiting the settings menu: I use the back button within the Yi app when I exit settings every time. The cameras keep getting pushed into the “off” position when I enter settings even though I’m getting a live feed on the Yi app on my PC.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me bring this to my team and get an update for you shortly.

Can you send the firmware version number when you have a second?

Firmware version: 3.0.0.0.D_201809111054

Categories