YI Smart Dash Camera Date Resets Issue Battery Replacement

If your YI Smart Dash Cam is having issues like, date resets every time you power it on, and warranty has expired, the best solution is to replace the battery with a third-party 3.7V 250mAh battery which you can find on AliExpress. Take note that shipments from sellers may have restrictions with some other countries, so try different stores, and make sure you read reviews to avoid inconvenience.

Please keep in mind that you should be knowledgeable with electronics or have someone replace it for you, if not. This is the best solution we can provide for an out-of-warranty product and this is not our official release, rather, it is a solution that will give your YI Smart Dash Cam a second life. We hope this helps.

How to Replace Battery (unofficial video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nv5vZTAl6A

Unofficial Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000261651850.html?spm=a2g0o.search0302.0.0.545829a9uGAii2&algo_pvid=996648d1-8ae6-4de8-9cae-a0338c3e28c5&algo_expid=996648d1-8ae6-4de8-9cae-a0338c3e28c5-0&btsid=0b0a555e16115397194271500eeedd&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Disclaimer: These are unofficial stores and tutorial videos. Be advised that you are doing this at your own risk. YI Technology will not be liable in any damage that may occur. Thank you.

2 Likes

Great advice, I opened my camera up following the linked video (remove ribbon cable, unscrew 4 screws in the corners, unscrew 2 more screws in the center, done) and noticed my battery was bulging slightly. Purchased a replacement from the exact seller on AliExpress linked, which arrived in the US in 10 days. Quick swap and my camera is like new, unplugging from power results in the 10 second countdown instead of dying immediately, and the date/time is not reset every time it shuts down.

I had even better success than the guy in the linked video, since it seems he bought a battery with the red and white cables reversed. The battery on AliExpress linked had the correct order.

Old battery and new battery, notice the identical ordering of the wires

How much did you pay for the battery thank you

Since I bought 2, roughly $2.74 each plus $7.50 shipping, for a total of $14 including tax. The link is right there in the original post by @Darnell, so you can check yourself.

Looking now, it seems to be $3.50 for 1 plus the same $7.50 shipping, so around $11 USD.

Categories