YI Questions and Concerns

Hi! I’m Jessika and I have a question about the cloud. I completely on accident bought the wrong one, for 1 camera, when I meant to get the one for up to 5. Is there a way to fix that? It was the same price for only 7 day loop, and that’s the one I need.

Hi @Jessikaduke, since this is an individual case, please email support@yitechnology.com with Forum / [type of issue] in the subject line. Our team will look into this!

Hi,
I’m trying to set up a routine for when I leave and when I come home. I’d let to turn on the camera when I leave as part of my google Home routine. And turn it off when I come back. Is this possible?

Hi @Amanda1 unfortunately this is not possible as Google Assistant does not allow users to turn cameras off.

Any update about Apple Homekit integration?

Thanks a lot

Hey Luigi, thanks for joining the forum. No update at the moment. The product team have a lot going on at the moment with new camera releases - Doorbell, KamiMini, DomeU and others. Once those are out the door they might look into integrations again.

Hi, so with the latest update, I got a new UI. I love it but the question is, how do I enter playback mode? I mean not live stream but how do I scribble back to certain time? Thanks

Hi Aulia! It’s been a while since we’ve seen you! Welcome back. Glad you are liking the new UI. Are you talking about SD card playback?

If you are, you need to go to the Activity Tab, then press the icon that looks like an SC card (shown in the yellow circle.

@TechManager - Can we get an update on HomeKit support coming to the YI cameras?

How long does it take before a new user can create a new topic on the forum? Every new topic that I have attempted to create has to go to a moderator, and they respond directly back to me rather than creating a new topic. This removes the opportunity to build a knowledge base.

Not sure why the response is directly back to you but I think the forum is configured that your post needs to be moderated before it is posted by design. I guess that helps protect the forum from spam to try and ensure it’s inherent integrity.

But having the moderation does delay potentially useful cascade of information/support/concerns or indeed if you wanted to look at it another way ‘hides’ information.

Hey @stickman Thanks for checking in - Which category are you trying to post in?

I’ve tried several different categories. I was recently trying to find the new user tutorial referenced by the Certified badge. The forum search returns no results for “new user tutorial” so I tried to post. The guidance from the forum is to try starting a new topic so I made another attempt. Rather than approving my question and providing an answer so that everyone could see, again the response was direct to me. Why?

Categories