YI Questions and Concerns

Hi @KamiHome,
Just like to know is this Yi iot max camera your product?

Hi @Rosman, the Yi iot max is not manufactured by YI or Kami. It is a product of a 3rd party manufacturer that is using our YI iot app.

Hi @KamiHome,
So it’s licensed by Yi and/or Kami?

@Rosman, yes this product is licensed by Yi!

Hi there! I have been trying to find out if it is possible to use my yi home camera as a webcam?

Been googling for it, can’t seem to find a solution.

Thanks!

@KamiHome,
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @KHSeet, we are looking into this and we will get back to you as soon as we have an answer for you! Thank you for your patience! And welcome to our community! We are so happy to have you!

Hi YI,

Is there any plan to introduce time-lapse feature on YI and Kami cameras?

1 Like

Time lapse would be a great addition. I have it on my wyze cam and that would be the only thing to halt my use of a yi cam. Nice feature

Hi @KHSeet, getting back to you about your previous question- it is not possible to use your Yi home camera as a webcam. Unfortunately, none of our cameras have that capability.

Hi @ascernas, some of our newer Yi and Kami cameras already have a time-lapse feature! :smiley:

1 Like

@CHDANGELMOM yes we have this capability already on some of our cameras! It is definitely a great feature!

Hi,

Does that includes the YI2 Camera, The YI dome 1080p and YI Outdoors ones?

Hi,

Its me again :laughing:. Is there any plan to optimize the YI Home App for bigger screens like iPads or tablets? Also to auto adjust the viewing depending if the device is portrait or landscape mode ( i.e. Like when you turn your phone to landscape mode to view a YouTube video in full screen)?

Hi @ascernas, no, those cameras do not have the time-lapse feature. In reference to your other question, there are no plans to optimize for tablets at this time. You can still download the app on your tablet and switch it to full screen, however, you will only be able to view it in landscape mode.

1 Like

I have 3 YI 1080 cameras. Is it possible to playback video recorded on SD at highspeed (4X or 8x)?

Hi Kami,

Ahhh :slightly_frowning_face: And what are the camera models that support time lapse to keep that in mind for future investment :slightly_smiling_face:

@ascernas Kami wired outdoor camera can do timelapse

1 Like

Categories