YI OUTDOOR CAMERA UNABLE TO SET UP

Hi! I have problems in the pairing process when it reaches step 4 (I hear: “QR code scan is successful” and “connecting to WIFI” and the led turns to blue and blinks) the camera reboots and it begins the process from begginning: “waiting to connect”. Sometimes the camera voice stutters when trying to say “waiting to connect”. I have tried reseting and everything but it seems that the camera is not working correctly.

At first the camera worked ok for couple of months, that I disconneted it and didnt use it for some time and when I tried againg it doesn’t work. Please help.

Regards and many thanks,

Matevz

Hey @Airborne Thanks for coming to the community! I am sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your camera and its reset ability.

Did you remove the camera from you account when you reset the camera?

I recommend deleting the camera from your account, and try to pair again.

Let me know how it goes and if that’s unsuccessful, we will have some other trouble shooting methods to recommend. Thank you for your patience and for coming to the forum! Stick around. there is a lot of quality info shared by other users just like you :slight_smile:

I changed power adapter from original YI to old phone adapter that has 1,5A, 5V output, (original has 1A 5V) and now it works. Looks like that during pairing YI outdoor camera uses more power than original adapter can provide, or maybe my adapter is faulty. thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear its worked out! Those power adaptors are such a big part of our lives now. Some are different then others in terms of power range. I end up with so many at my home from all the different devices we get now a days. I usually get red of the low power exchange adapters and just keep the ones that give the most power.

Thanks for updating us! Hope you’re having a great week and a better weekend ahead.

Just to be cautious with using the higher ones with devices which come with lower one it may artificially age the battery by charging too quickly. Or cause too much mains power to transfer through.

1 Like

Categories