Yi Outdoor 1080 camera reset button broken

Hi.

I recently changed my WiFi network. I went to reset the camera and the the reset button is broken. Pressing it doesn’t make the LED change to yellow.

Is there any other way to reset the camera? Or is it a gonner.

Thanks

Hey @cj1410 oh no! That sounds frustrating. You can manually update the firmware via the app and this will reset the camera. If you select “Settings” in your app for the camera in question, then find “Camera Settings”. Update your firmware. If this doesn’t work, we will open up a ticket with our support team and do whatever we can to get your straightened out.

Thanks for your patience and help to resolve this challenge

1 Like

Hi Steven.

Thanks a lot for the response.

The problem with that is I removed them from the app so I could re-add them :pensive:.

I did read somewhere that the firmware could be upgraded via the microSD card, but I don’t know how true that is.

Thanks,

Craig

Hey @cj1410 talking with our team here and there is way to upgrade the firmware via microSD card but we would need to send you the firmware. We have seen people run into a few challenges with trying this method so we really have moved away from suggesting this a method. (just spoke with our team about it)

I think the best next step would be to contact our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact and inform them about your broken reset button. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Categories