Yi home Camera 3 “WiFi password Error”

My Yi home camera has been working for about a month and randomly disconnected/went offline the other day. I have been trying to go through the pairing process again, but now the camera keeps saying “WiFi Password Error” and refuses to connect. I have tried ALL of the troubleshooting tips. I have checked that the password is correct. I have unplugged and restarted the WiFi router. I have moved the camera close to the router to connect. Nothing has helped. And I know for a fact that I have the proper type of WiFi because the camera has already been working for a while and just now decided to stop. Is my camera broken? I am extremely upset and worried about this issue because I need the camera in order to watch a pet and make sure they are safe. Please help.

Hello. If you have tried all the troubleshooting you would be best to contact Kami Customer Services. Thanks.

1 Like

@Noelleniemeier I recommend reseting your camera and reading this help desk article related to this very issue. https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402928743579-How-to-resolve-the-WIFI-password-Error-during-pairing-setup-

Keep us posted to your progress.

I contacted them 4 days ago and never heard anything back.

Hello, I have already tried all of the troubleshooting tips present in this video and every single article online. It simply refuses to connect. I don’t understand how it was working fine for a month and then randomly quit.

Hey @Noelleniemeier Can you send me the ticket number assigned by our customer support team? I will follow up on your tickets progress and see what we can do to get this resolved ASAP.

Thank you for your patience

I had the same problem with the Yi 1080 outdoor camera. Actually I had this error, bought a (new same camera) replacement and paired it and it worked fine for a few days. Stopped working so I tried resetting it and now I get the same “password” error I got with the camera it replaced. I have tried to connect with YI support for over a week and have got NO response. I have several Yi dome and indoor cameras and they all work fine. If you figure it out, I would appreciate any feedback at tdp.sta@mail.com
Thanks

My request is (552936) and I have submitted it several times with no respose.
Thanks

Categories