Yi Home Camera 1- No Audio when Recording Playback Videos to IPhone

Have you made sure that audio is enabled on the specific camera you are trying to download recordings for? If the camera has audio enabled, it will download videos with sound.

There is no option to download video that recorded on SD card, for that I need to play it and record it via Yi app, If I play the video from Yi app there is sound, but when I play and record the video there is no sound.

Hey @asi go into the settings for the camera you want to hear audio for. You’ll see a menu option, “camera settings”. Go here and make sure Camera Microphone is toggle on. Then, when you download clips, your sound will be downloaded as well.

Hi @Steven_Kami, the microphone is already toggled on.
How can I download clips?
what I do for downloading a clip is:

1. choose the video from the relevant date (for example yesterday at 8:00)
  2. play the chosen video from the SD card (view on sd card)
  3. press on the video icon for recording
  4. stop the recording.
  5. go to album and share the video
    in step 5 in the album directory, if I play/share the video there is no sound even if I unmute it.

@Steven_Kami I have the same issue. 4 new 2k dome cameras, with the latest firmware, and with high speed 64GB SD cards. When recording from the timeline, none of them have sound in the mp4 file. I dinked around with Sounds setting (alert for abnormal sounds…) and got ONE recording with sound, after which subsequent recordings had no sound. You have a bug sir. My older 1080p dome cameras still record sound to the mp4 file. It’s VERY frustrating this is not working on my new cameras, I’m losing important content, so I’ve rated these as a 1 on Amazon and will update my review when this issue is fixed. HELP???

Thanks!
David

Do you have the Camera Microphone toggle ON in each individual camera?

Go to each cameras live feeds, and hit ‘Settings’ in the bottom right menu selection. Then, select “Camera Settings”, see Camera Microphone, and toggle this on. All clips will be downloaded with sound.

If this is still not the case, I recommend checking your phone settings, reformatting your SD card, or testing a new SD card.

Hi @Steven_Kami, Thanks for the help!

1. When I record from the TIMELINE, I don’t have sound in the saved mp4 file. This is the issue I need fixed.
  2. When I record from the LIVE FEED, I do have sound in the saved mp4 file. This is working properly.
  3. When I playback from the TIMELINE, I do have sound during playback, so the microphone is setup and working. This is working properly.
  4. Pressing the Video Record button occasionally crashes the function and removes the button. This action produces error message “Recording Fail”. To resolve this issue I close all apps, and restart the YI software.

Working with Tech Support I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled YI software and Cameras. The software is up to date, as well is the firmware on the (4) affected cameras. This is running on a Samsung A45 5g with Android OS being current/up to date.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated, because these things are almost paperweights at this moment.

Thanks!
David

1 Like

Correction: Samsung A52 5G

Hey @Davidx Thanks for all the feedback. I am really sorry to hear you’re having this issue.

Can you go to your camera settings. Make sure your camera microphone is turned ON and make sure you call mode setting is turned to “Hand-Free”.

You should be able to record from the timeline with sound. If this is not the case, we can go from there.

Thanks @Steven_Kami,
It was not set to Hands Free, so I switched it, restarted the YI application, reconfirmed Hands Free setting, made a few recordings from the timeline and none of them have sound in the mp4. Playback from the timeline does have sound. Any thoughts? This newer version seems to have a few bugs.

Thanks!
David

Hey @Davidx Thanks for you patience and provided information. We are going to open a ticket with our engineering team to get to the bottom of this problem with recording sound not downloading with clips. I will update you as soon as I know more or a timeline for fix.

Thanks @Steven_Kami!
Today I received a response from YI Customer Support stating this is a known issue and they are working on a solution. No ETA was shared, but I’m hoping it’s soon, because my Amazon return period is ending soon.

Thanks for the support!
David

1 Like

Thanks for your patience! and for providing info to help point our team in the right direction. I’ll keep my eye on this case and keep all updated.

2 Likes

@Steven_Kami @Davidx

Hi guys I actually have this same exact problem with my 1080p dome camera. I don’t ever really record in the app but something funny happened so I did it and there was no sound. Last year I did it and it worked fine. I know this thread is from January but it’s now April and there is still no fix. Any updates?

Hey @Mastj12 Thanks for coming to forum for an update on this fix. There should be no issues downloading video with sound recorded. It is a function of the app. As long as the camera microphone is enabled, it will download with sound.

Go to the settings for your dome cam, then select “camera settings”. Toggle camera microphone on.

I bought your product to record a specific event, but yesterday I noticed that it was not recording after detecting loud noises, even though I have it programmed to do so and the microphone is active. The event I was expecting happened today and your product failed to record it. Luckily I had time to launch the app from my iPhone and tap on the record button (the film camera). Now I have the video, but not the audio, and I need the audio. I need the audio. Where can I find it?

Same issue, no sound on recorded playback. Yes my camera is properly toggled. I used to get sound but now I don’t, not even if I screen capture my Yi playback.

Same here. I am using an android device actually and my sound works normally for recorded videos when I view them within the app but when I record the video from the timeline from my SD card I see all the video but absolutely no sound even though I could hear the sound playing as it was capturing the video. I have sound on and all is working and have tried the suggestions here but I really need a solution about this. Has anyone figured out at the very least a workaround for that until the bug gets fixed? Thank you in advance.

I have had this same issue since last year with no fix. With spotty remote connections also an issue, I’m no longer recommending YI cameras to my friends, nor will I purchase them in the future.

Any fix on this? I’ve got the same problem… no sound from recording within app from the timeline.

Categories