Yi Home Camera 1- No Audio when Recording Playback Videos to IPhone

Thanks @Steven_Kami!
Today I received a response from YI Customer Support stating this is a known issue and they are working on a solution. No ETA was shared, but I’m hoping it’s soon, because my Amazon return period is ending soon.

Thanks for the support!
David

2 Likes

Thanks for your patience! and for providing info to help point our team in the right direction. I’ll keep my eye on this case and keep all updated.

2 Likes

@Steven_Kami @Davidx

Hi guys I actually have this same exact problem with my 1080p dome camera. I don’t ever really record in the app but something funny happened so I did it and there was no sound. Last year I did it and it worked fine. I know this thread is from January but it’s now April and there is still no fix. Any updates?

Hey @Mastj12 Thanks for coming to forum for an update on this fix. There should be no issues downloading video with sound recorded. It is a function of the app. As long as the camera microphone is enabled, it will download with sound.

Go to the settings for your dome cam, then select “camera settings”. Toggle camera microphone on.

I bought your product to record a specific event, but yesterday I noticed that it was not recording after detecting loud noises, even though I have it programmed to do so and the microphone is active. The event I was expecting happened today and your product failed to record it. Luckily I had time to launch the app from my iPhone and tap on the record button (the film camera). Now I have the video, but not the audio, and I need the audio. I need the audio. Where can I find it?

Same issue, no sound on recorded playback. Yes my camera is properly toggled. I used to get sound but now I don’t, not even if I screen capture my Yi playback.

Same here. I am using an android device actually and my sound works normally for recorded videos when I view them within the app but when I record the video from the timeline from my SD card I see all the video but absolutely no sound even though I could hear the sound playing as it was capturing the video. I have sound on and all is working and have tried the suggestions here but I really need a solution about this. Has anyone figured out at the very least a workaround for that until the bug gets fixed? Thank you in advance.

I have had this same issue since last year with no fix. With spotty remote connections also an issue, I’m no longer recommending YI cameras to my friends, nor will I purchase them in the future.

Any fix on this? I’ve got the same problem… no sound from recording within app from the timeline.

I have this issue when trying to playback exported HD video. If I export SD resolution video the audio will playback just fine on the exported video file. Audio is playing while I playback from the microSD card in both HD and SD resolution and hit the export video camera icon but the exported files I create only have audio if video was playing back in SD resolution and exported. WTH?

I’m having the same problem. My fox is I’m going to buy new cameras from anyone but this company, and throw all the yi ones into the trash where they belong. Customer support is nonexistent

First of all, it’s funny that support kept telling everyone to ensure mic of the camera is enabled. Well, it’s got to be, since the video captured has audio.

The problem is that the video we record from the SD card playback that’s missing audio.

This problem has existed since the beginning by the way. It’s been there for years and strange that they never fixed it.

Anyways, the work around is: you have to go into the camera settings like support told you, and you will see that the mic is already enabled. That’s not good enough. You need to tap on it to turn it off, and then tap again to turn it on. That always fixes the issue for me.

When viewing the recorded video in Alerts or the Cloud, check if the speaker icon below the video has been muted. Click on the muted speaker button to listen to the audio.

If you can’t hear the audio after making sure the speaker button is not muted, the camera microphone is disabled. To enable, from the app home screen, click on the hexagon symbol inside the camera thumbnail. In Settings, click on Camera Settings. Click on the grey toggle switch next to the Camera Microphone. The toggle switch will turn green once enabled.

To enable the camera microphone, please follow the steps below:

1. Launch the YI/Kami Home App.
  2. Tap on the Camera Thumbnail.
  3. Tap on Settings.
  4. Tap on Camera Settings.
  5. By default the Camera Microphone is disabled. Toggle the Camera Microphone to enable.

Categories