YI Help Center: Micro SD Cards vs Cloud Subscription

Glad this has been picked up, is there anyway to stop it choosing cloud automatically as I don’t have cloud and use SD card?

Just to clarify support are working on the issue not able to see the alerts under SD Card?

2 Likes

C’est réglé ! Faire mise à jour !

I have SD cards in all three cameras. I can no longer watch more than 6 seconds of playback since this update. I just redownloaded the version from the google app store and it still won’t let me playback more than 6 seconds. How do I reinstall the old version? I am very frustrated to lose the playback functionality. I am NOT interested in subscribing to cloud storage (please stop asking!)

2 Likes

Same here, I bought this camera because I can easily playback any video clips from my SD card, and now with this update, all cameras are useless.
Please fix it ASAP

3 Likes

Ok - I figured out part of the issue. You have to manually tap on the sd card image every time you want to playback. Not sure why it doesn’t remember. Then move the timeline back to where you want it to start. Then touch the picture to stop the playback and click the arrows at the bottom right hand corner (of that tiny picture) to be able to flip the phone sideways to see a larger picture. All the while watching that it doesn’t flip back to cloud over sd card. Boy, they really want you to buy that cloud storage. So annoying!!! Also, you can’t see the timeline after flipping the phone on the side. It just isn’t there anymore. you have to flip back and forth to see where you are in the playback - again always clicking on the SD card or you don’t see the playback.
Please fix this and make the SD card the default.

2 Likes

Hi @Jdong Thanks for coming to the community for more assistance. Please refer to this forum thread for more information in regards to the new app update fixes. https://forum.yitechnology.com/t/most-recent-app-update/7330/3

We will have a blog with detailed instructions on how to navigate the new UI up by EOD. I’ll drop the link on the forum thread when its up for all to view.

1 Like

i was able to figure out the new “controls” - and the new “controls” are not user friendly, guess the people behind the update don’t use the app for personal use, my issue is with SD card play back. i can only go back as afar as 1200am of the current day, before update i could go DAYS back, need to bring back the old version there is no user benefit from the update

3 Likes

Page doesnt exist Steven, I have 5 Kami cameras all with SD Card. Really find this frustrating at the moment every update release has problems.

Same here, checked them today and no recording on SD cards, re formatted cards, reinstalled the app, even tried a new card, turned off activity etc. Defaults to Cloud but even when I press SD button nothing records.This all I see, please sort this as need them working.

2 Likes

This morning, I see changes on my IPhone for Yi. This is not a good move as many pieces are missing or are being taken away!

As a previous blog noted (Jdong), you have to tap on the SD card image every time you want to playback. It would be nice to set this as a Default, by the user. Then navigate to the timeline and select where you want it to start. Then touch the picture to stop the playback. To flip sideways, Click the arrow icon at the lower right of the picture. (At this point you lose the timeline.)

Items I see as missing:
• Both views are missing a date and time. No playback with time. We use these for Security and it is important to have the date and time in the screen…if we have to depend on Screenshots.
• Without a timeline it is difficult to tell that the playback in moving. Not to mention….only some cameras allow you to increase the speed beyond 1X. (If they are all seeing this update, why do they not get the other updated features?)
• The option to do a video has been removed.
• Still shots don’t seem to be working on our Android device.

2 Likes

Yes, I find this latest update quite infuriating and clearly demonstrates the software developers have no idea in how home security works.
The prime objective in handing over security to the police is to have a video with a date and time stamp. This has now been removed.
Also, prior to this update it was easy to navigate by minute and second along a recorded activity…… Now with date/time stamp removed from the playback window this task is totally impossible to achieve.
Just when I was about to purchase the upgrade…… BANG, you shoot yourself in the foot with this user.

2 Likes

Correct - It appears the V5 IOS APP no longer lets you record to the SD card. I keep my cameras running ON 24/7 with 64G SD cards. Now I may as well put them in the bin as I dont want the subscription. So YI/KAMI - fix it or lose your customers…

1 Like

Well I’ve managed to get one to record, is it possible a firmware update can corrupt two, poss three SD cards ? With the cards in one recorded a very short time then stopped. Bought a new card and did exactly same time. Put another new card in one camera and after formatting it’s recording fine apart from it’s a faff as it defaults to Cloud and activity to see current view you have to click SD card and scroll the time line to current time 🤷 All three of the not working SD cards if you click on status say 0 gig free of 0 gig and formatting says compete and card in use :thinking: Strange the two SD cards were fine and fairly new up to the firmware update.

1 Like

Yi is award of these issues and working on them.

1 Like

might be worth taking the cards out and manually formatting them and then let the camera do its stuff?

I was very happy with these cameras and even in the last 2 weeks bought another BUT. Which other apps do you find best for managing these cameras there seem to be several apps that will control these but are there any recommendations? I bought these cameras because of the sd card functionality but that seems to have been taken away and if restored is likely to be eroded to encourage us to sign up to what is a very expensive cloud service. I run 4 cameras but I have just purchased a fifth but I can return that one and may be able to return the other 4 which might actually be a better option. The cameras used to work well for me as we monitor my elderly and not completely mobile mother in law who refuses to leave her home. She has care a few times per day but it’s reassuring to make sure she is ok.

2 Likes

If it helps, since the upgrade, looks like now you have to scroll to the desired timeline. So if you playback the 6 second clip, take notice of time recorded, then press sdCard icon and scrub back to that time. Not very user friendly, but it works…Older way was better. I hope that helps, since I was looking for that feature as well.

1 Like

Yi are not removing them SD record and view capability. With the latest app some customers are having issues which Yi is aware of and looking into.

1 Like

I can’t even get that far. As soon as I touch the picture, it goes back to the Live view. Like everyone else on here, I’ve tried all the usual steps. Not that I want anyone else to have the same issue, but I’m glad I’m not the only one. Sounds like Yi may be aware of this and hopefully working on a fix ASAP.

2 Likes

Have you recently updated your app? You may need to go manually update to get the newest version. The bugs have been addressed in the new release.

1 Like

Categories