YI DOMES NOT ADDING TO APP. Lets me reset, scan QR, says connected to Wifi. but never completes

I have owned Yi for YEARS and love them. But i am fighting a few issues. I have about 6+ of the dome cameras, and in the app they show 30%-85% when i want to view the live image then never work. So i go to 3 of the cameras that HAVE BEEN WORKING IN THE SAME SPOT of house FOR OVER 1-2+ YEARS. Then I reset them. Then I goto my app and remove the camera. Then I goto the app and add the camera. my iphone is on a 2G network (airplane mode, just so I am ONLY on WIFI the whole time). My speed test from my iphone that is 2 feet from the camera i am adding has a speed test 100-135Mb sec. so my Wifi works and my signal is good. Then when I TRY to add the camera. it lets me go through the steps of putting pw for wifi, making QR code the camera does scan it, and says connecting to wifi… BUT the app on my phone never give me the option to name the camera or even says its done. the camera does not say anything… it has a blue LED on, but NEVER shows up in my app. So i reset the camera and do it again… SAME THING!!! never gets added to my app. and all 3 cameras are doing the same thing. But all my other WORKING cameras work fine. i also try to goto Yi website and download the lastest code. Well the site does not even let me download code to my PC. (YI must be having some issues on their site and their app). anyone have any ideas what I should do? I do want to get a working camera and remove from app and add back, but i don’t what to F that one up and never get it back online. i have also sent email to support and NOONE has replied to me.

Hey,

Apologies for any difficulties you experienced with the setup. We’d be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact.

Thank you.

Categories