Yi Dome malfunction

I just recently got the new Yi dome camera, it was working fine until I updated the firmware, then stopped working and can’t connect to the wifi nor the app. what can I do?

Hey @beesmart thanks for coming to the community. I am sorry to hear you’re having challenges after a firmware update.

Have you tried hard reseting the camera? Give the camera a reset and let me if you can connect. Check out the help center article below for where to find your reset button:

Hi Steven, yeah hard reseting the camera, deleting the camara and trying to reconect again, nothi g has worked

Thanks, @beesmart We just have a couple questions to help point us in the right direction.

What power source are you using?
Distance from router?
Are you using 2.4 GHZ or 5 GHZ?
Any other changes recently? New phone?

Appreciate your patience and look forward to figuring this one out together. Hope you’re having a good one!

Hi Steven, im gonna answer to your questions:
1.- 110v, 10A.
2.- maybe 10 meters.
3. 2.4G
4.- no, no new phone.

I have others YI cameras they work fine, but this is not the first time that a Dome camera is failing to connect

1 Like

Is the power cord you are using the one provided with the product?

Try a different power cord with higher outputs if possible.

If nothing else works, I would reset the camera, remove it from your app and then go through the repairing process.

How long have you had the camera?

Hi Steven, yeah im using the power cord supplied with the camera. How do i do the repairing process?

Hey @beesmart Follow these steps to reset your camera & repair the device.

First, select the settings for the camera in question, scroll to the bottom of the menu and select “Delete Camera”.
Then, follow the instructions listed here on how to reset your camera. https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260802607790-How-to-reset-YI-Dome-Camera-U-
Once the camera has reset, go back into your app and select the plus sign (+) in the upper left hand corner of the app Home Screen. Follow instructions for adding the device back into your account.
Please let me know if you have any questions a long the way. Keep us posted on the results. If that doesn’t work, we will escalate it internally. Either way, we will find a way to get you set up again.

Thanks for your patience. I hope you’re having a good day.

1 Like

I have the same camera and when setting it up it updated firmware and now does nothing, it will not even reset

Categories