Yi Dome guard - Preset bookmarks unavailable

Thanks for sharing these screenshots @J_6 I will pass them to our team here and get back to you with more information. Many thanks for your patience. I will be in touch soon.

Hi @Steven_Kami,

Has anything changed since your last post? I have both camera and apps (Yi and Kami Home) updated, but still no option for saving PTZ bookmarks. Cheers!

Hi!
I have the same problem. But only with the NEW dome cams. I use multiple cameras. The old (black) and the new (white). With the old cameras, I have the bookmarks in the YI Home app. This button and the menu are missing on the new cams.

Hey @Junior_Jack Thanks for your patience and sending over screen shots. Incredibly helpful.

May I ask what is your operating system? iOS or Android?
What version of the app are you running?

We will get to the bottom of it and get you back on track

Hi Steven

I’m using Android.
I checked it with the “KAMI”-App V3.5.1_20220224050011
and also the YI-Home-App V5.5.1_20220224045542

both the same!

Thanks for the screenshots @Junior_Jack this is definitely strange. I will report this to the team and make sure they are aware to get this resolved quickly. Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi, @Steven_Kami. Any updates? It’s been 9 months since I originally reported this issue and we still don’t have a solution…

Hey @J_6 Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I apologize for any delay. Let me check with our team and get back to you with a timeline for fix.

I forgot about this. Last time I tried this with the same r30gb firmware from Sep 2020 there seemed to be a firmware bug and the camera cruise pan would only move left unless hitting the end stop. Maybe it’s disabled from the app because of that, until a firmware fix is applied. Given it’s been a year and a half, probably not going to happen. I think there’s a newer Dome Guard now r35gb, maybe it works for that one? I might take another look sometime but it’s not something I personally use.

1 Like

@Steven_Kami

Any updates on this? It’s been over a year and the bookmark is still missing from both apps

1 Like

I am really disappointed to find out that the new YI Dome 1080 doesn’t support position bookmarks.

I just bought this new 1080 model to replace my YI Dome 720 which after 4 years has now the IR lights (night vision) broken… the old 720 model was supporting the position bookmarks (and I was always using them) but the new 1080 doesn’t support them!!!

That’s really unbelievable because:

it’s hard to imagine that a new model doesn’t support features that was available on its previous version

since it’s a sw feature (just save a position and recall it with a button) it’s hard to understand why this feature cannot be implemented also on the new model…

Very very strange decision (who decided that)

Categories