Yi action 4k strange shut down error

first of all, sorry for my bad english!

So, i just bought this new camera 1 month ago, and updated the firmware camera. It goes smoothly, but occasionally cant be shut down . When i press shut down, it goes off, but the front led is blinking purple.

Sometimes, after minutes blinking it went off, sometimes it never went off blinking. And the camera body is getting hot. I had to force shut down by pulling the battery out.

I asked the official yi store in my region, then sent to them to claim warranty. They sent me new replacement camera, but battery still same like before.

and i tried it, and it behaves strange and similar result too. Isn’t too coincidental to get 2 defective camera again?

This second camera, i didnt update the firmware. When doing short recordings, it went fine, shut down normally. But if used long recording (more than 1 minute) and the camera body getting hot, when i tried to shut down, it does the shutdown sequence but like stuck. Screen is on but black screen, and front led stays blue, no blinking.

I had to wait minutes then the blue front led went off. But once it off, i tried to turn it on again, it turned on fine, but shut down, same result again. front led blue no blinking, display shows black.

I finally update the firmware by offline update, download firmware from kami website.

Then, after it suceeded, when i try shut down, it goes same like the first camera. Front led purple pink blinking, display off. Must remove battery to turn it on again.

Is it battery? But strange, i can do recording up to 2 hours normally. Just weird shutdown…
or am i unlucky enough so i got 2 defective camera?

or is it the battery? because the battery still same as first defective one.
i provided the video here.
https://youtu.be/jCVKMoeBJjY

Hello. Here are some details of what the various colours mean.

The LED indicates the status of the power-on and upgrade.

• The red light is on while powering on the camera and entering system. If the camera is successfully turned on, the red light would be off, if not, the red light will stay on.

• If the light flashes blue three times while powering-on, that means the camera has entered the firmware update mode. If the SD card has a firmware update, the blue light flashes. If the SD card does not have a firmware update, the LED shows a steady blue light, while waiting for the update to be inserted in SD card.

• If update is in progress, the state of the LED is as follows:

• Flashing blue light means the update is happening with no issues.
    • Flashing red light means the firmware update is not compatible with the current hardware.
    • Two red flashes means the update file contains an error, usually CRC error.
    • Three red flashes means version number check failed
  • If the LED light is off or shows purple after powering up, it means Bluetooth (BLT) did not start properly. This may be due to hardware, battery, or loss of BLT.

… since YI customer services have replaced one camera my advice would be to contact them about the second one and get their support straight away. It might be something very simple that they can sort out or you have been unlucky and had two defective hardware devices.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance reply on the thread.

Categories