Hello folks, I hope you can help me.
I bought a used Yi 4k plus action cam (Model YAS.1817). It worked for maybe two to three times really well until it stopped working. The optical condition is well and it was always handeled carefully by me.
But now when turniung on, the top button is flashing red once, you hear the welcome sound and the display background light is turning on, but it stays like that for eternity and nothing else happens. I cannot even turn it off again, I have to remove the battery.
I’ve filmed it and posted it on reddit but we can’t get any further there.
What I’ve noticed and tried so far:
- no settings were changed, to produce this error
- I’ve tried serveral (original yi) batteries (all fully charged), all with the same issue
- the same effect occurs when no battery is inserted and it’s powered by usb
- The battery is charging (the led in the front ist shining red in both situations being off and on) when usb is plugged in
- the cam is writing a “disp.log” and a “vin.log” file (attached here)
- I’ve tried flashing the newest firmware from the official website with it’s original name as well as renamed to “firmware.bin” like suggested [here] (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4253477) with no efford
Maybe someone here can analyze the log files or can give me any advice how to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance.