Yi 1080P Home Camera list delete icon missing on 4 cameras

Of 5 cameras I now have only one where the icon in top right hand corner shows so I can quickly delete vids. This happened somewhere during the botched app change lately.

Anyone working on this ?

Hey @Calhoun Thanks for coming to the forum. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What camera models do you have?
Are they different?
What version of the app are you using?
Are you on iOS or Android?

Just a few questions to point us in the right direction.

As the title of my post said, 1080P home cameras.

As to models, how do I tell ?

As to the app, how do I tell ?

Iphone.

Go to your Apple App Store, Search Yi Home, open the app listing, and you will see your app version. If there is an update available, please update.

Apple doesn’t show anything from Yi within the last 90 days.

So it shows version 5.0.2 which is the latest.

I cannot find any way to tell what release of camera I have though they are all 1080P.

If you tap on the screen while you’re watching the recording, the delete option is in the upper right corner still. If this is not the case still, please send me a screenshot. Many thanks

I am not talking about the single b&w alert delete ‘waste-can’ icon, I am talking about the green circle with a ‘pencil-and-line’ icon that used to be available on all my cameras that allowed me to click it then select and delete a bunch of alerts for that camera at once.

Now I can press ‘alerts’ from the main Home screen and I get a list of all alerts on 1 camera - it ignores the other 4 which still have alerts.

Those cameras I have to delete alert images 1 by 1 and it is tedious if there are a number of them.

Hey @Calhoun Im still showing it on my app. Both Yi Home and Kami Home. See screenshot. Can you go to your actives tab to find the bulk delete option? We’ve simplified the app so all activity is under 1 menu. You are able to bulk delete from here. if this is not the case for you, can you send me app version? phone model? camera model? and a screenshot of your activities tab with this option missing? Apologies for any inconvenience. We will get this figured out.

As of the latest update to the app I now seem to have the function back on my 2 most critical cameras - I am going to run all 5 on alert to see if they all are ‘fixed’.

Glad to hear we are moving in the right direction. Keep us posted on your testing. Hope all goes well!

I replied and it was deleted.

You are NOT moving in the right direction. Yesterday I left one alert on each camera - this morning NONE showed as alerts. How about letting me return these.

edit: and I again ask how to tell the difference between 1080P cameras from the earliest issuance to the latest.

Hey @Calhoun thanks for your patience. When did you purchase the cameras and from where? The issue you are reporting is not widespread, we have not seen any other support tickets related to this issue.

I am a little confused as you seem to be talking about 2 different things. Delete icons vs alerts. Can you clarify a little bit on your most recent post. You left one alert on each camera? and then, no alerts? Again, different the original topic of this thread. I will do whatever I can to assist you and get you back on track.

Well, I would hardly expect the delete icon to be useful if I didn’t have any alerts to delete.

I verified my camera model via the tutorial for serial numbers ( https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjhtpPRmPfzAhV_RjABHUzsDxoQFnoECBAQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.yitechnology.com%2Fhc%2Fen-us%2Farticles%2F1260805634269-How-to-verify-the-camera-model-from-the-ID-number-&usg=AOvVaw0X5kEooyPRyz2Ut8GJxVpH ).

They are all straight Yi Home 1080P ( numeral 8 in the second serial number position). They all have the same firmware ( 2.1.0.0e_201809191630 )

They were all reset and restarted about 2 weeks ago at nearly the same time.

4 do NOT show the group select/delete icon which seems to only appear on the 1 camera when I have un-watched alerts to delete.

I will ask again that Yi issue an ‘update’ rolling non-cloud users back to the old software that actually worked. This whole business has been a fiasco from the get go.

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to miss icon from your iPhone, there are a few potential solutions you can try:-
1. Search for the Phone App:-
-Swipe down on the home screen or swipe right to access the App Library and use the
search bar at the top. Type “Phone” and see if the app appears in the search results.
2. Reset Home Screen Layout:-
-Sometimes, apps can be accidentally moved to a different screen or folder. To reset
your home screen layout, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen
Layout. This will reset the app icons to their default positions.
3. Check App Restrictions:-
-Make sure that the Phone app is not restricted on your device. Go to Settings >
Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps, and ensure that the
Phone app is allowed.
4. Restore from Backup:-
-If none of the above solutions work, you may consider restoring your iPhone from a
backup. Connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes or Finder, select your
device, and choose “Restore Backup.”
5. Reinstall the Phone App:-
-You can’t delete the Phone app, but you can remove it from your home screen and
then re-add it. To do this, go to the App Library, find the Phone app, touch and hold
the app icon, then tap “Add to Home Screen.”

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5d-epPI_gM&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Categories